Recent content by Svarto

1. S

Supermicro X9 CPLD CATERR error

Thanks a lot! I will try that, I have it running a memtest86 today and saw some other things popping up with one of the DIMMs throwing lots of assertions that ECC corrections were made. Maybe it's a bad RAM module as you said. One question, how do you clean the CPU and pins? Just with some...
  2. S

Supermicro X9 CPLD CATERR error

Hi All, I have a recently put together server that is crashing / freezing every ~10 minutes or so and forces me to reboot it. This is what is shown in the error logs: Event,Type,Timestamp,Sensor Type,Sensor,Event Type 1,System Event,2018/01/29 05:36:05 Mon,OEM,#0xFF,Assertion: OEM| Event = AC...
  3. S

Motherboard for dual 2680 v2 server

Thanks a lot for the answers. Overall I think liquid cooling is a bit beyond me at the moment, a bit worried to have that running when I am travelling and expecting the server to be one 24/7. @Pri, interesting that you had an AsRock board, how did you find it? I guess it is not the model I am...
  4. S

Motherboard for dual 2680 v2 server

Hi All, I have found 2x Xeon E5 2680 v2 on the cheap and want to build a home server with these. Overall it is important for me that it runs quite, so I will be getting Noctua fans for CPU and chassis. The real driver though is which motherboard to get. My requirements for the motherboard is...