Recent content by SuperMiguel

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hello, im currently running firmware ver 08.0.30tT7f3 is it worth it upgrading? what does the newer firmware give me?
  2. S

Help Me Pick New APs (Aruba vs Ruckus)

I have a 2 R710, and 2 R510 at home, i never have issues, but for some reason i really want to upgrade to the R650/R750... I never looked into Aruba, but those AP-635 look cool
  3. S

I guess, IF i remove the VLAN configuration from the firewall, it wouldnt be a VLAN(technically) anymore but that would still fix the problem... I guess i can also delete anything related to that VLAN on my switch
  4. S

Hello all, im having an issue with one of my VLANs, i have a dedicated CCTV vlan, basically a bunch of cameras and a server (blueiris) the server it self has two nics (one for cctv vlan and another for internal vlan). I want to keep my cctv vlan of internet and this part is working fine, the...
  5. S

Hello all im looking for feedback on my switch (ICX-6610) configuration i have a few concerns: 1) my fw version is older than whats available now, should i upgrade? any benefits 2) I currently have spanning-tree enabled should i keep it that way? 3) My router is an OPNsense box, and its...
  6. S

Thinking about retiring and getting some quality of live

didnt actually meant an all in one device i will never do that, meant more like get multiple switches, AP, maybe routers under the same brand for easier management and visibility
  7. S

dynamic vlan is awesome!!! And somehow one of my networking pieces that works really well
  8. S

So for as long as i can remember, I been managing my own network, and for the longest time i would follow packets around (i really enjoyed that kind of stuff) but lately im just tired lol, and im thinking about retiring some/most/all of my home enterprise gear and get something a bit less hands...
  9. S

Mind sharing your switch config? Love to see how all this is configured. Thanks
  10. S

Brocade ICX6610 10G network different VLANs

Correct the connection from my firewall to my ICx6610 is on port 1/3/1 and i have that port tagged on every single VLAN, I also tried to add a 10G card to my firewall (untangle) and i can only get about 4.9G of speed (better than the 900 i was getting before)
  11. S

How do you control, which routing PFSense handles vs which VLANs traffic gets handled by your switch?
  12. S

Brocade ICX6610 10G network different VLANs

Hello all, I'm trying to troubleshoot a 10g network issue running as 1G. So I have 2 machines connected to the front 10G of my licensed icx6610, when I do show int brief, both interfaces show 10g, both machines show their connection as 10g, but when I run iperf3 I only get 1G speeds. Both...
  13. S

I have the revision A. "your Tripp Lite UPS outputs a modified sinewave" is there anything I can do about it? Or basically get another UPS?
  14. S

I have a ICX6610 48p PoE i have it connected to a Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD UPS, and every time the power goes out or even flickers the switch will go off, nothing else that is connected to the UPS turns off, only the switch, i have tried 1 PSU at the time, tried both connected to UPS, took one...