Recent content by superempie

1. S

ESXI 6.7 passthrough GeForce GT 1030 to Ubuntu

Looking up the error it says faulty drivers. Never had to deal with that. As you mentioned, try the card in another system and check if it is not broken. Also, if you borrow a friends card, try that one. Start with a fresh VM and download the latest Windows 10 image through the media creation...
  2. S

What I usually do is: 1) Install Windows, install VMware Tools, update everything and reboot. Do not passthrough GPU yet. 2) At this point use the web console. Download Nvidia driver, but not install it yet. Right now you want version 465.89 for Windows as Rand__ pointed out. 3) Install TightVNC...
  3. S

No problem, lights are slowly going out overhere too ;) Keep us posted!
  4. S

The thing I would check now is if you can get output on the GPU to a monitor. Maybe try installing Ubuntu with desktop and check a game or something. But looking at your nvidia-smi output, your GPU is working. In a command line situation, I would install BOINC and use a project like...
  5. S

Prime is a laptop technology. Think I read it might be passable. You use a laptop?
  6. S

Did you try running glxgears from an X session?
  7. S

That indicates the GPU is working
  8. S

But you do get full output with nvidia-smi? Something like this: Sun Dec 16 17:09:17 2018 +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | NVIDIA-SMI 410.78 Driver Version: 410.78 CUDA Version: 10.0 |...
  9. S

Just in case, try this: # lsmod | grep nouveau This should give no output.
  10. S

@Rand__ those are for the laptop variants, but might be worth a shot.
  11. S

And to check if the Nvidia driver works I would always try just: # nvidia-smi And see what it is reporting
  12. S

From old notes, try this: # apt install ocl-icd-libopencl1 ocl-icd-opencl-dev
  13. S

Sounds cool to check out if you can get it working. I just connect monitors to my GPU's, unless they are compute VM with GPU's passed through, like a BOINC VM. I use X, but I am by no means an expert on that matter.
  14. S

Hmm, ok. Don't have experience with that scenario. Interesting though. :) My system runs ESXi 6.7U3 latest build with 2 GPU's, one for Mint and one for Windows 10 for gaming. I have passed though Nvidia GPU's just for compute, but not for X.
  15. S

Ok, that should be needed on Linux for now. And my earlier question, you have a monitor attached?