Recent content by supacupa

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Works perfectly! Supa easy to do. Thanks!
  2. S

Yup, PM sent. I thought this needed a firmware unlock, originally. Thanks!
  3. S

Well crap. I got some AT24C164's to use to unlock my ICX6610, but upon opening it up it appears there's no place to install the EEPROM. How do I unlock the ICX6610 so I can use the 10 gbit ports? It looks like I may have incorrectly assumed this applied to the ICX6610 as well: EEPROM Unlocks -...
  4. S

OK, so it's just the reverse of what's up front. I think I understand. I have a breakout cable. Now I need to figure out how to unlock 10Gbit speeds.
  5. S

How does that work? I plug a 40 Gbps cable and it runs at 10g? or there are 4x10 Gbps connections?
  6. S

Can confirm. As a tinnitus sufferer this is God's gift from heaven.
  7. S

I recently acquired one of these switches (ICX6610), but can only get two of the four QSFP+ ports on the back to work at all. They work at 40 gbits. I can get one of my QSFP+ cards to connect to one of the SFP+, but they only work at 1 gbit. What do I need to do to either make the the other two...
  8. S

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Hmm, I think I'll also get one of these and convert it over. My 40gbit network needs to expand by 3, so now I'm at 7 devices.
  9. S

What would the downside of doing that be?
  10. S

10 G is fine for the other two PCs for my needs actually, but could those 10G ports be bonded?
  11. S

Oh, so two would be 10 gbit and two 40 gbit?
  12. S

Oh nice! I just ordered that Brocade. The SFPP and RJ45 ports will work quite well with what I have planned. Thanks!! My location is USA, and my budget is a few hundred dollars, but this switch looks like exactly what I need right now.
  13. S

Ahh, I see. My bad. Thanks! I'll take a look. Do you know any you can easily point me to? I think I'll avoid trying to do something like that. I need 4 or 5 QSFP ports, but yeah, something simple that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be great. I'll look into it more, are there any can can...
  14. S

Oh! Is this the one I want to accomplish my goals then? I skipped over this one because it says: THIS MALLANOX SX6036 switch DOES NOT HAVE an Ethernet L2 L3 + Gateway license ON IT. I believe this thread is about how to fix that, though. All the networking terms are a bit confusing to me, but...
  15. S

Is it possible to get this switch to work with ethernet? Mellanox 36 port 56G IB infiniband 40G QSFP+ Ethernet x86 Dual Core CPU BBU Dual | eBay The seller claims it's compatible with MLNX-OS. I have an old Dell blade server connected to my desktop with Mellanox ConnectX 3 cards. I want to...