Recent content by Subatomic

1. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Pair of 100-000000054-04 on H11DSi-NT here. I can run these chips at 3.5 GHz all core, but I needed to mount a fan over the VRMs or these would overheat. The cpus themselves are water cooled with a custom loop.
  2. S

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

I purchased 6 of these for my NAS running TruNAS. They came professionally packaged and have been running in a raidz2 configuration for about a week with no problems.
  3. S

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I ran with these cpus before upgrading to Rome. See my post #357 in this thread for details.
  4. S

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F $229.90

I put this in a Supermicro CSE-826 with a a 12x SAS backplane that I got off Ebay for less than $200. I replaced the fans with the lower noise versions the 2x920W PS with 2x740W to cut down on the noise. It lives in my garage and is fine there even when I am out there working on projects, but...
  5. S

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F $229.90

Just received the same board from Ebay, but with the 1521 and active cooling for around the same price. I just got it installed in an m-itx 8-bay SAS case. I just installed TrueNAS and hope to do some testing this week. So far so good. From what I have read I would suggest getting the active...
  6. S

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Same here. Using a SATA SD in AHCI mode for Proxmox.
  7. S

I am passing my SuperMicro branded LSI SAS controller through to a virtual machine so it looks just like a raw device. Devices on hosts that support hardware virtualization get grouped into IOMMU for translating from virtual to physical addresses. This requires enabling Intel VT-d...
  8. S

I thought I would share my experience with this board. I recently bought one off ebay to be used in a 2u NAS I was assembling. I paired it with a SuperMicro CS-825TQ that I also purchased off ebay. This board works very nicely for this purpose, as the front panel header appears to be the same...
  9. S

H11DSi alternative: Gigabyte MZ71-CE0 / MZ71-CE1

Thanks for the update. I think I will make due with my H11Dsi-NT until Milan is released and we know about support from various motherboards. I find it annoying that I still can not find the Gigabyte boards from US retailers. Do they even want to sell these boards?
  10. S

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Sounds like a VRM temp spike above the limit. I think this should be logged by IPMI. If the cpus downclocked to something like 1 GHz and stay there than that is likely what happened.
  11. S

I did look at the "Where to buy" a few weeks ago and came up with nothing useful in the US direct consumers. That is why I asked.
  12. S

no display on MBD-H11DSi-NT-O rev 2 with one cpu

You can connect to IPMI via a web interface. You just need to point you browser at the ip address for the IPMI device (this is ethernet port that sits at the end of the board away from the 2 others.
  13. S

Overclock your AMD Epyc

73 C is not so high on the VRMs. The cpus don't start downclocking until over 95 C. I don't think I would even worry personally about running mid 80s for an extended period.
  14. S

no display on MBD-H11DSi-NT-O rev 2 with one cpu

I don't know if 1 cpu is supported. I am fairly certain it doesn't work with ES chips. Have you looked at the post snoop via IPMI?
  15. S

These look excellent and I am very interested. Any word on MSRP, availability, and were to purchase in the US?