Recent content by stilez

1. S

HBA adapter + cable recommendations for 2 x Kioxia U.3 SSDs?

This is a 2 part question - what adpaters should I get to support my 2 new U.3 SSDs? And, if the honest answer is that buying into U.3 was a mistake, what should I switch to? So, I bought 2 x CD8 U.3 SSDs, because they were going cheap and have good performance on datasheet. Also because my...
  2. S

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

Just posting to say, thank you for this invaluable resource thread! I've crosslinked it from my 92xx/93xx crossflashing resource page over at FreeNAS forums. There's nothing else quite like this thread on the net for those looking for equivalent models. Thanks once again to all, for an amazing...
  3. S

Help - anyone with an Intel 910 400GB who can download the bare Intel firmware (not the intel pkg)

I thought of that but it would mean opening a sealed package (if new) or messing around someone trying to sell their hardware (if used) and buying it knowing I would return it. It doesn't seem good behaviour. I am hoping someone here uses the 910 SSD and can do a backup using LSI's tool, and let...
  4. S

Help - anyone with an Intel 910 400GB who can download the bare Intel firmware (not the intel pkg)

(Crossposted to FreeNAS forums) I have a server with an LSI 9211-IT HBA, Intel 910 SSD, and Chelsio NIC. I was updating the HBA firmware. As usual I checked no other RAID/HBA/LSI cards in the machine, so I flashed the HBA. It now turns out that the Intel 910 uses the same chip internally -...