Recent content by stewie0056

1. S

EXPIRED E12EBD (SAS3 Controller module) for Xyratex enclosures $78 shipped

Yeah, I didn't mean to post this in the deals thread. So after applying power it boots like normal, but a few seconds after it's finished booting the fans go to 100%, the middle front panel led goes to a solid amber light, and the E12EBD has a solid red light (the one next to the red X by the...
  2. S

EXPIRED E12EBD (SAS3 Controller module) for Xyratex enclosures $78 shipped

Hey, so I bought a Flextronics 0989198-06 (E12EBD) for cheap but I'm not able to get it to work with my DS424(3). The first post here suggests that it should be compatible but I'm not able to find much info except this thread. When comparing my working E6EBD Compellent module to the E12EBD...
  3. S

Can't download drivers for Virident FlashMax II

Thank you! FYI the VMware folder is empty
  4. S

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

Even in full fan mode, I can't get my 6028U-TRTP+ fans to go HIGHER than 9k rpm. Anyone else have this issue? I have tried forcing it with raw IPMI commands, along with rebooting and resetting the BCM but it always tops out at 9k. I have other SM servers X9/X10 and they have no problem hitting...
  5. S

Good to know! I'm sure mine is stock SM but it did come with some proprietary PCIe card with "Baidu USA 2015" written on it. You can see it in some of the pictures on the eBay listing.
  6. S

That's what I was missing! I could have sworn the two orange plugs were unplugged but I just found a photo on my phone that says otherwise. Thank you guys! I learned something tonight about SM backplane nomenclature.
  7. S

Maybe I am missing something but this does not match what I am seeing. Going by your description since I have a BPN-SAS3-826A backplane, it should be passive. Regardless of HBA, in order to use all 12 ports I would need to use all three MiniSAS HD (3 ports x 4 lanes) If that is true then how...
  8. S

You are thinking of those cables that split each SAS port out to a drive. That is not needed if your backplane has SAS expanders built-in. You would only use that type of cable if you were connecting to a drive directly or had a backplane that was just for passthrough (without expanders). To...
  9. S

In my TRTP+ the backplane goes to the motherboard via a MiniSAS HD to right angle MiniSAS. This uses the onboard controllers and limits the backplane to 10 SATA drives. In order to get all 12 drives and/or SAS support an optional card is required. I would guess that your chassis was purchased...
  10. S

Glad to see this here! I wasn't a member of this forum earlier but I was the one who prompted the seller to put this on his eBay store. Now I didn't just make this post to be smug ;) but I wanted to tell you that I did NOT buy this server because I found a still better deal (for me at least)...