Recent content by SteveS

1. S

Windows Server 2016 or 2019?

This is very true.
  2. S

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

My apologies - the 1521 CPU run at 2.4Ghz and the 1520s at 2.2Ghz - so you have the original stepping. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for posting your system information.
  3. S

6TB White Label Hard Drives

I briefly looked at them but decided to get the HGST 6TB NAS drives for $229 ...
  4. S

6TB White Label Hard Drives

These are most likely binned drives off the production line or possibly surplus drives that are shipped to surveliance companies, etc. for use in their equipment.
  5. S

SM part # TLNF4 is the 1540-1541 version and TLN2F is the 1520/1521 version...
  6. S

It may indicate on the box SKU else directly on the CPU (which isn't going to be visible unless you remove the heatsink/fan) else you can check the clock speed once you get it up and running provided you have the 1541 - the clock speed was increased to 2.1 Ghz from 2 Ghz. Else you can install...
  7. S

Ahh good deal congrats! - would you be so kind and to circle back here and report which stepping you received? The new stepping should be "V2 SR2DE" (for the 1541) or "V2 SR2DF" (for the 1521). I am looking at getting the 1541 from NE as well ... Many thanks!
  8. S

Since SM never changed the SKUs to reflect the new CPU steppings - we have to wait for excess "older" inventory to move out before receiving a 1521/41 as the retailers wont have a clue. That being said, has anyone actually confirmed receiving either one yet?