Recent content by Stevenson

1. S

FreeNAS motherboard & CPU help!

Thank you so much gentlemen! Appreciate your help!!!!
  2. S

8 drives means full capacity 32 TB and with Raid Z2 - 24 TB, two drives used for redundancy. May I know why 8 is not an ideal number?
  3. S

Removed the CPU cooler and thermal paste and also memory reduced to 32 GB KD - on the X11SSH-CTF - HBA - how do we connect the drives on that interface? (sorry - HW idiot here...) - also shuckable drives - I heard some people were surprised when they opened up and found out it was not reds...
  4. S

felt 4TB gives more $/tb value according to some forum posts... I would like to use SATA DOM - so I was going to ask you if you can suggest an expansion board to accomodate two more drives. I can use the two orange colored SATA DOM slots (oh wow I talk like a pro - LOL - ...hehe - i read the...
  5. S

Hello Gurus, May I request a QC on this please? System Builder - Xeon E3-1245 V6 3.7GHz Quad-Core, Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker
  6. S

yes Sir - VMs will be running 24/7 I will be running an AD and DHCP (labs for studying) and linux machines for testing etc...
  7. S

1 GBE is enough. no more drives - replace with higher capacity if storage requirements go up (don't see that for next 3 years for sure) VMS - 2 windows and 2 Linux servers along with plex - 2 streams max.
  8. S

does it support encryption and VMs? also IPMI?
  9. S

8 will do Sir. Thanks!
  10. S

Sir - I haven't finalized a case - last 3 days wandering on the net to get some clues. I am one sandwich short of a banquet when it comes to the tech on MB, CPU and cases etc - please forgive me. yes Sir - I am read to go for an add-on card instead of the onboard sata option. would be great if...
  11. S

I live in a 2 Bed room apartment with wife and 2 kids - so, don't have a dedicated room to keep it. Thus, I would like to have a fairly silent box. House ambient temperature is never above 25c/77F Thank you so much!
  12. S

VMs inside FreeNAS Board + CPU + RAM - 1250 USD. (Board which can help with AES-NI encryption and also CPU supporting the virtualization) Thank you Sir.
  13. S

Thank you Sir - but you are talking to a noob - appreciate if you can be specific.
  14. S

5 users - 2 Plex Streams - Yes, I wold like to do some VMs also. Network is simple home router from BT.
  15. S

Hi Evan, So kind of you to reply to my thread. New if possible - This is for home system to connect SATA drives and I would like to get the SATA adaptors onboard - may be 8 ports onboard and then two USB onboard so that I can boot off the USBs? Sorry :( total noob here.... not much HW...