Recent content by Stanza

1. Stanza

Konica Minolta Print cost reduction program. Worth it ?

Depend so what your users printing uses are like, but yes they can save your company bucket loads of money via print management software etc. Definitely worth looking into. Also sometimes it's cheaper to upgrade all your copiers printers etc to newer models.... as changing over to newer model...
  2. Stanza

Drive IO errors on external SAS JBOD

SATA cable length limit is 1metre I believe.... BUT SATA is encapsulated within the SAS packets....so in theory your only SATA cable sould be from the expander to the backplane / drives..... And shouldn't include the rest of the cabling ?? .
  3. Stanza

Beware - Emulex 10GbE Virtual Fabric Adapter II x8 PCI-E slot

I found this page on howto get these bastards to link up in esxi 5.5 Fixing Emulex 10GbE on ESXi 5.5 Seems they dont like the elxnet driver... and you have to make it run with the standard be2net driver... removing the elxnet driver works, and the link comes up now at boot in esxi 5.5...
  4. Stanza

popped everything up here.... still uploading at present emulex - Google Drive
  5. Stanza

Hmmm been a long time, will see what I can find
  6. Stanza

Any hot swap cages larger than 5 in 3?

Supermicro | Products | Accessories | Mobile Racks | CSE-M28SACB 8 x 2.5inch drives in 2 x 5.25inch bays?
  7. Stanza

True or false? Graphics cards and rack mounted servers...

I run a HP ML350 G6 as a muck around workstation Popped in 2 x old 8600GT cards..... 4 Monitors and dual quad cores with 128Gig ram makes it do all I need it to do. ;)
  8. Stanza

hdparm hpa gone bad

try on a different machine 1st, Some controllers have issues with HPA (from memory) either completely ignoring it... or not reading it correctly. As you have found out HDPARM is a very powerful... but also dangerous tool... .
  9. Stanza

hdparm hpa gone bad

Reboot after? so the HPA is recognised? try my guide Guide to Restoring a crippled HDD's capacity or HDD Overclock - Overclockers Australia Forums .
  10. Stanza

Performance anomaly m1015 vs supermicro aoc-saslp-mv8

Is the 1015 running at it's native x8 speed? or has the PCI-E Slot it's in been clocked down some ? .
  11. Stanza

Beware: Amazon Seagate drives sold by Platinum Micro

Can you look them up on the Dell site? DP/N says Dell Part Number to me.
  12. Stanza

RNDP6000-100NAS

Friend has one (I beleive it's this model) its just a simple core 2 duo board inside. so you can in theory put any OS you want on it. They are quiet with the original OS I am going to wait for him to want to sell it and buy it to run Xpenology on it. Should make a great Synology clone box I...
  13. Stanza

Wife says DL360 G7 is too loud

Can't you just sell it and buy a ml360/370? The ML series are quieter than the DL series .
  14. Stanza

Adding external SAS disks to poweredge R905?

have you tried changing the speed / version of the pci-e slots the card is in? eg change it from version 3 back to pcie-2 etc?
  15. Stanza

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

If you really want to be "put off" buying anything Watch this documentary The Fake Trade - Top Documentary Films It's pretty bad when a company decides to make a new factory in China..... not only to have their products faked.... but when things are that bad they CLONE a Whole "Real...