Recent content by stanos4

1. S

EU [FS]Threadripper 3970X + motherboard 999,- 32GB 2666v UDIMM Supermicro CSE-826 2u barebones

I'm very much interested in 2x unreg ecc 32gb. Will check specs later, but it should check all my boxes. My rep here is low, but i can purchase eg via marktplaats / local pickup in case you're at eindhoven
  2. S

AMD APU Ecc

It seems that the same AMD CPUs have different functionality based on geographical region. First I was puzzled a bit how can be that solid-run is offering bedrock r7000 with 7840HS with ECC. Now also cwwk is starting to offer a similar board with ECC. Upon contacting CWWK, they showed me a...
  3. S

Minimum Build NAS and Server

2-nd hand, but especially if you find the ones with 250W psu, you can apparently get ~10W system with ecc with fujitsu tx1320 m3 (e.g. m4 has bit higher idle consumption according fujitsu spec sheets), for ~100-150$ barebone, with g4560 cpu.
  4. S

2024 AM5 Server builds (limited motherboard overview)

ok, I must admit, I don't really get what the OP is searching for/wants to collect in this thread (as besides "pro-/con-sumer" terms he didn't give any "guidelines"), so my comment on price/power cons of epyc vs ryzen was meant in a broader aspect.
  5. S

it would be nice if vcc3 could retest or somebody reproduce the results with a more suitable ssd (apparently the used kingston drive does not support low power modes consuming itself almost 2W in idle according the specs and thus also likely preventing deeper power saving states/more interrupts...
  6. S

well, there are, although apparently hard to get and expensive (400+$), 2 chipsetless X300 boards with pcie5 from asrock. Recently, one of them was reviewed here as well. AM5D4ID-2L+/BCM AM5D4ID-2T/BCM
  7. S

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

well, just a generic electrical thingy - make sure there's no current flow between the GND level of the 2 PSUs - i.e. the GND of supply 1 is the same as GND of supply 2 (keep in mind that GND and neutral is/should not be the same). My expectation then would be that no smoking should happen if...
  8. S

HP Elitedesk 705 G5 mini experiences

shall this be of any use to somebody... still playing with this system to learn new stuff. I've been trying to setup proxmox and pass-through for zfs storage. From what I understood so far, this system is not very passthrough friendly - many devices are grouped in a single iommu group, and when...
  9. S

Reduce opnsense router power consumption

depends, but likely the biggest contribution is that you don't go to more power saving c-states (not sure if reading correctly, but acc this it can go to c10 on cores, c8 on package) --> try a different distro just for a test...
  10. S

thx for the explanation of the memory. Though it went down to 2400, not even 2666, but that is just a minor thing for me (I even had no real price benefit going for slower ones, paid 60€ for this module). for the ecc - what you write is pretty much what I have tried (as explained in one of the...
  11. S

ah, and for those interested in an efficient low power psu, this is apparently the same as used in other HP systems (e.g. 600 g3/4 based on ebay search): Model: dps-180ab-27 B revision: 0B HP P/N: L08404-003
  12. S

I was hoping for a nice surprise and then for a miracle. The nice surprise did happen, the miracle did not. bought this system, HP 705 G5, with 3400G Pro CPU. The PSU is 180W 80+ platinum, resulting in <10W (likely ~6-8W) idle consumption, given: - LAN connected - all ports enabled in BIOS...
  13. S

Micron 5100 eco 960gb 2.5inch $70/each, obo

can maybe somebody confirm if 5100/5200 eco/pro/max series support devslp? to go really down in power consumption during idle sessions.
  14. S

AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

man, you answered pretty much none of the questions/remarks that people gave you in this thread, yet you think you're "the owner of the truth", that "everyone here is blindfolded donkey but you're the only airplane"... (no, except 1 relatively minor thing, you did not address/prove wrong even my...
  15. S

AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

Adding to unanswered remarks of others, it would be good if you clarified also following: 1) what do you want to show by your graphs "Relative performance", "GHz-Power Table", "Freq-voltage matrix" 2) assuming the answer to question (1) is "power efficiency": 2.1) how do you define "power...