Recent content by ssherwood

1. S

Napp-IT / ESXi / OmniOS - Disks going offline (raidz2-0)

@gea thanks - I disabled the feature, and that seemed to improve things for the last week or so, but I've had a repeat of the problem come up again. I've just ordered 3 new H310 HBAs and will look to change out the existing cards once they arrive. When I do this, should I first export (with...
  2. S

Thanks @gea - when I made the change to SAS conf, it immediately removed many disks from my pools. Not sure it matters, but my disks are all SATA, not SAS. After a reboot, it seems like the disks came back online.
  3. S

Hi again - just a short update to say that the 2nd resilver finished and the pool has been back online for the rest of the day without further issue. I decided to power down the server again. I discharged things by disconnecting power and holding down the power button. I checked that the...
  4. S

Hello, I'm running Napp-IT on OmniOS in a VM running on ESXi. ESXi : 6.7.0 Update 1 (Build 10764712) OmniOS: OmniOS v11 r151030ex Napp-IT: 21.06a7 LSI 2008 HBAs being passed through to Napp-IT (x3) 3 storage pools running total: 1) Mirrored SSDs (primary storage for VMs) 2) Stripped mirrors...
  5. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Huge thanks to @fohdeesha and everybody else making great contributions to this thread. I started out in the sub-$550 10G switch thread, and ended up over here looking for my unicorn. In my case, I've gone with the ICX-7250-24P model. Perfect for my upcoming network project at a home. Picked it...
  6. S

OmniOS / Napp-IT -SMB users lookup/add not working from Windows

Thanks @gea - do you have any suggestions for the Windows 7 clients? I'm in Workgroup mode - sorry if I didn't state that earlier. I'm already using the hostname to access the SMB shares from the Windows computers, and there is no domain name. (ie. its all host.localdomain) Re: other option...
  7. S

OmniOS / Napp-IT -SMB users lookup/add not working from Windows

Hello all, Sorry for the length of this - I've done a lot of searching, and research, but am still stuck. Any assistance would be welcome! I've been working on a SMB issue with my system which is running OmniOS (v11 r151026e) & Napp-IT (18.01 free Apr.02.2018). This is an AIO setup running...
  8. S

Looking for an inexpensive solution to build around M1015 HBAs

Thanks for that RB - I had actually found out about the same board through that site as well and opted for it. (http://tinkertry.com/vmdirectpath/) Have you had any stability issues with it? I almost cancelled my order to go with the MSI board instead when I saw what some Windows users were...
  9. S

Thanks - I just looked up the specs for the ASUS board above, and it is in fact a DVI-I port, so I should be able to use a dongle if I go that way. Serves me right for assuming :) Thanks.
  10. S

Cheap is relative I suppose :) http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C202_C204/X9SCL_-F.cfm This looks interesting, and is almost $100 cheaper than the Asus board. I wish it had a 1x or PCI slot in addition to the two 8x + one 4x slot, but I suppose it would work. I'd have...
  11. S

I actually have an old P5Q, but it only has 1 PCI Express slot. I assumed it would only work with a video card as a result... Did they make a P5Q with integrated graphics as well? That might be interesting as I have an old processor I could use.... The problem might be finding a PCI video...
  12. S

Nice - but I think I want something more full sized. I've already got the chassis, a CoolerMaster HAF 912 so I can take a full sized ATX board with lots of room for expansion. As its going to be hosting VMs, I'd like the ability to have multiple network interfaces as well. I'll probably end...
  13. S

Sorry - missed one of your questions. For my purposes, I think integrated graphics are fine. Thanks!
  14. S

Maybe the ASrock 880G PRO3 : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157243 I of course have to worry a bit about ESXi compatibility too...
  15. S

Dell H200 / LSI 9211-8i brick revival

Try adding another NIC (if you have one around) that you can boot from - that might put you over the top! :)