Recent content by Speeedymauss

1. S

Connecting Quanta LB8 (48x10G SPF+) to 1G Network (or simple sfp+ to sfp?)

So i got an update for you: today i got my copper gbics. when i plug them in withput a cable the port status led lights up green. the led is green as long as i dont enable the ports on my 1g switch. a connection to 10g copper to 10g copper is ok. when i connect them to any 1g device the port...
  2. S

this is what i want to try next. I didn't have one of the 10G copper gbics so i bought one and now i'm waiting for it. I will post it here when i know if it works.
  3. S

Hi everyone, i just got a Quanta LB8 Switch with 48 SFP+ Ports. The Problem is that my whole network is currently 1G copper (but i have 4 SFP uplinks on my switch). I need a simple way to integrate my "new" 10G Switch into my network. I thought SFP modules would work in a SFP+ port but i seems...
  4. S

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Okay, so i will use the CLI in future. your code worked again. So i think the switch is ready to use now. Thank you a lot for helping! I used the standard manual of the switch (second entry on google for me). But it seems to be better when you ask someone than reading the manual :D
  5. S

Ah okay yes this works for me, too. Is the web interface so bad? But of interest i would like to see the web interface. For the IP i tried to follow the quick start guide in the manual: (Config)#interface vlan 1 (if-vlan 1)#ip address <ipaddr> <netmask> (if-vlan 1)#exit (Config)#ip...
  6. S

@Thecal714 i updated the switch to 1.1.0.8. But when i login to the console there is always written "(Switching)" bevor the #. What does that mean? when i type "vlan database" in the config mode there appears a message "Incorrect input![...]" I tried to activate dhcp that i can use the...
  7. S

Update: i get the password now but i have another Problem: I want so configure two vlans. One with all even ports and one with all uneven ports (because i want to use the switch for two diffrent networks). So i add vlan ID 2 and ID 3 but it is impossible so include the ports the way i want to...
  8. S

Hey, i bought a LB4M on ebay and i want to configure the switch today but i cant login to the console. The switch has no ip so i cant use the webinterface. In the manual is written that the default login is "admin" with no passwort but it didnt work for me. Are there other default combinations...