Recent content by soundscribe

1. S

Can't remove SLOG device

Thanks gea for responding. I tried logging in as root, but the result is the same. When removing the SLOG device, the command doesn't return an error; just back to the command prompt. I also tried using the /dev/dsk name also with the same result. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this short of...
  2. S

Can't remove SLOG device

I'm running an all-in-one using esxi 5.0, omnios as a virtual machine, and sharing back via NFS the ZFS storage. When I built the machine, I had the bright idea of getting a dedicated SSD to use for the ZIL. The SSD failed, and while the pool is still accessible and appears to be working fine...
  3. S

ZFS send/receive resume?

Thanks for the responses. I solved the problem by moving the two servers on to the same 1gb segment, instead of over a slow link. Got the initial transfer done in several hours rather than multiple days. Looks like zfs send resume is well on the way, but probably won't make it into omnios for...
  4. S

SUN F20 FLASH ACCELERATOR

I would interested to know how "used" they are. Also, does the 96GB present itself like any other disk and you can get smart data from it? Just curious...
  5. S

ZFS send/receive resume?

I'm in the process of using zfs send/receive to transfer data from server A to server B. During a 1TB transfer, some network glitch occurred and the transfer hung; the SSH session was dead. I restarted the transfer and it started from the beginning. Does ZFS has the ability to resume from a...
  6. S

M1015 OK in 2U chassis?

It will support 8 - four on each port. The server chassis has 12 drive bays, so the remaining four will be used with the 6 SATA ports on the motherboard.
  7. S

SSD on eBay sold "like new", but with many hours

Thanks RTM -- looks like my drive has the latest firmware for the 320 -- Firmware Version: 4PC10362
  8. S

Thanks Zankza - so I should be happy with my $30 purchase?
  9. S

As an experiment, I bought one of these for use as a SLOG. It was cheap: Intel 320 Series 40 GB Internal 2 5" SSDSA2CT040G310 SSD Solid State Drive 735858219754 | eBay From the description, the seller says "It like new we just pull out and up grade bigger drive, any questions ask." Seems to...
  10. S

M1015 OK in 2U chassis?

I'm liking this server quite a bit. It does have some downsides - noisy and power hungry - about 200 watts at idle. But, I knew both of those downsides going in. The noise is only bothersome now while it's in the same room with me, but shortly it will move into my rack in the garage and it can...
  11. S

M1015 OK in 2U chassis?

Server and card arrived. It was necessary to remove the heat shrink from the card end of the breakout cable. Definitely a tight fit, but the lid is on successfully.
  12. S

SOLVED: Problems flashing M1015

I don't know if it helps you at all, but I also just got an M1015 from eBay, followed the instructions and it worked just fine. Before flashing, the card's BIOS (IBM flavor) came up and I could enter the configuration utility. Do you see the card BIOS stuff on boot? From the error, it seems to...
  13. S

M1015 OK in 2U chassis?

Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered some straight cables as well. Server is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday. Got the $15 Father's day ebay promo code and another vendor-provided 5% for buying more than $250. Almost paid for the shipping.
  14. S

M1015 OK in 2U chassis?

So I ordered the server, an additional 16GB of ram, an M1015 with a low profile bracket and a couple of 90 degree cables. If the M1015 doesn't fit for some reason, I'll have another home for it.
  15. S

M1015 OK in 2U chassis?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll probably go with some LSI variant then.