Recent content by Sound2005

1. S

Zeus V2 : U-NAS NSC-810A | X10SL7-F | E3-1265 V3

Well my case has finally arrived and im so pleased with it. Regarding adding a full 1U power supply, i can confirm this doesn't fit. Please see my pics of my Seasonic SS-500L1U. Will return this for a ss-350M1U flex power supply now. You can compare the @K D pics to mines to see the size...
  2. S

Please Recommend Motherboard And CPU

Hi All I've seen this page from Supermicro: UP Xeon Motherboards | Motherboards | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc. and can see why the x10sl7-f is so popular!!! It also includes SAS connection I have a couple of SAS drives, I would also add to my case so will need this on the motherboard...
  3. S

@OBasel Apologies if i have my info incorrect but reading up i see: I think the x10srm boards max memory can hit 512GB Ram. The E5 2670 max memory is 384GB whereas the E3 V5 max is 64GB??? Also the E3 V5 socket type is LGA1151, whereas the x10srm board holds LGA2011. Dont think i can use th...
  4. S

Hi All I wish to build a system similar to this: Zeus V2 : U-NAS NSC-810A | X10SL7-F | E3-1265 V3 As @K D is using an Supermicro X10SL7-F, i'm looking to replace this with something new. Was looking at the X10SRM-F (but the X10SRM-TF is too costly for my budget). The main reason is i would...
  5. S

@K D I think a lot of us was waiting for small(ish) Matx case. I'm glad that U-Nas have improved on their previous cases. I'm so glad I waited for this case rather than the 800's
  6. S

Brilliant review @K D That's case looks bigger than I expected!!! How's the noise level in this thing?? Also just wondering if your motherboard nchoice was too big/awkward for the case could someone else suggest any other SM boards?? Also looking to build a similar type of serve like that of...
  7. S

U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

Thanks for confirming @Churchill I'm happy to go ahead and buy the 810A case. Will now look for the parts while I wait for this unit arrive. Will let you guys know how I get on (I'm in the UK so not sure how long shipping will take)
  8. S

U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

Hi All Those with the case, could they confirm how many 2.5 drives this holds please? On the website it states: 810A - 1 x 2.5" HDD 810 - 4 x 2.5" HDD I Know the 810 supports Mitx boards with 1 pci slot and the 810A supports Matx boards with 2 pci cards slots but the 810A to only have 1 x 2.5...