Recent content by sofianito

1. S

nc360

nc360
  2. S

HP MicroServer HBA controller recommendation

I'm glad you bought it :D It is a very good choice for home NAS/SAN server and even for an ESXi lab. I am impressed how well it is made. It is quiet and is great to save on power bill :cool: This PSU will handle with no problem 4 SSDs + 4 Spindles. If you google, you'll find some people have...
  3. S

Dual NICs on PCIE x1 slot recommendation

So far, so good :D Both nics are recognized under Solaris 11: # dladm show-phys LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE net0 Ethernet up 1000 full bge0 net3 Ethernet up 1000 full...
  4. S

I finally bought a dual link HP NC360T and modded it to fit the PCIe x1 slot on my HP MicroServer :D. I used an X-Acto X235 saw to do the cut. It was very precise and dit the job perfectly :cool:
  5. S

Lucky you! :). Are you willing to sell me one :p. Actually, the lowest price I found in ebay is around $140 shipping cost not included... Did you use a dremel or a knife such as X-Acto for modding? At the edge did you you cut along the longitudinal or lateral axis? Forgot to mention that in...
  6. S

@Metaluna: The Intel E1G42ET looks great with a lot of features for a virtualized environment, but it is expensive... Also being an x4 PCIe card, I am afraid it doesn't fit OOTB in the x1 slot. It would need some modding same as the HP NC360T... Although it has less features, the pros of the HP...
  7. S

After googling a bit, it seems that a part of the StarTech which seems not supported on Solaris, there are not a lot of choices. Most of dual NICs need an x4 PCIe slot... However, according to the specs of the HP NC360T, a four lane (x4) PCIe, it is compatible with x1, x4, x8, and x16 PCIe...
  8. S

Hi, I am looking to fill the second and last PCIE x1 slot of my HP MicroServer MB with a dual nics 1gb card that support: - Solaris 11 natively (required) - Link aggregation (required) - VLAN (required) - Jumbo Frames (Required) - TCP checksum offload (would be a plus) - ESX5i (would...
  9. S

I have flashed firmware to IT mode. There are some typo errors in the instructions. The emptysbr.bin should be sbrempty.bin, and sas2flsh -o sasadd should be sas2flsh -o -sasadd: Convert LSI9240(IBM M1015) to a LSI9211-IT mode: Type in the following exactly: megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin...
  10. S

Great! I have ordered it on last Sunday and received it this morning!. Very fast shipping indeed! :D. It came with a LP bracket installed and fits perfectly in the PCIE2 x16 slot of the MicroServer, but I had to fiddle while installing it because the minisas cable that comes with the...
  11. S

Thanks a lot mobilenvidia! :D I just ordered it for 74€ free shipping. I hope to get it in less than 25 business days :eek:, though.
  12. S

@mobilenvidia: It is gonna be quite expensive... The cost including shipping to Spain will be around $150. If I sum duties, taxes and customs, it'll be around $180 (~142€) :/ @Patrick: A german vendor is selling brand new items for around 119€ (~$150) shipping not included. I have sent him an...
  13. S

I found a good price for a used one in ebay, but it is sold without bracket. I am wondering where can I buy a LP bracket. Any suggestion? Thanks.
  14. S

Thanks mobilenvidia, Patrick for advices and help. @mobilenvidia: I'll check your benchies, and will definitely follow your guide to turn it into LSI9211. Regarding the minisas, the 90º cable is probably the way to go for the MicroServer. The M1015 will sit under the PSU separated by a...
  15. S

Hi All, This is my first post :) I bought recently a HP MicroServer N40L and I am looking for a low profile eight internal 6 gb/s SATA ports controller to setup a SAN using Solaris 11, ZFS, iSCSI. The purpose of the SAN is to provide a shared storage for ESXi VMs and to backup personal...