Recent content by sneakyimp

1. S

Quanta 2U D51B: LGA2011-3, 24 x 2.5" Trays, 10 GbE, Rails $250 OBO

There are two 3 pin power connectors near the onboard sata connectors that you can use: Amazon.com: Supermicro CBL-PWEX-0625 3 Pin to 2 Pin SATADOM Power Cable, 12.7cm, 28AWG, RoHS: Computers & Accessories
  2. S

Yea, looks like it no longer has the drive trays or rails but still a good deal. Attached is what my assembled version looks like as well as I made a diagram of the voltages on the connector. I just wish we knew the current limits of it. I would hate to draw 3+ amps from it and kill something...
  3. S

The white connector on the board is a standard PCI-E 6 pin like you would find on a GPU. I cut the end off an extra one of those I had and thats where I am currently pulling power from. I will test the other plug with a volt meter to see what it will give me.
  4. S

That would be a lot better. I had assumed that connector was a mini PCI-E power plug but your right it doesn't appear to be. Ill order one of these and see. I'll poke around that connector and see what I can find voltage wise. The standard SFF drive backplane uses both of the SATA DOM power...
  5. S

So I ordered one of these and it didn't come with the 2 drives in the rear. I wanted to pass-through the HBA card for the front ports to a Storage VM. I made a drive holder that mounts where the rear HDD cage would go and used a buck converter to go from the 12v out of the PCI-E power plug to...