Recent content by Snapwolf

1. S

FS: Xeon Silver 4114 & misc items [price drop]

Shoot… jokes on me for not updating eBay pricing. Thanks for the heads up.
  2. S

FS: Xeon Silver 4114 & misc items [price drop]

Payment via PayPal or Venmo Shipping via USPS priority from the Reno, NV area. Xeon Silver 4114 - used - $110 shipped —> This was purchased used from eBay, but I’ve decided to go in a different direction. LGA3647 1U Heatsink - used - $15 shipped Intel Pro/1000 Quad Port Gigabit Nic - used -...
  3. S

Silver or Gold? Homelab component choices.

Update: With the Gold cpu and i350 installed, the system idols at about 80W in its current state with only one HDD. I’m pretty happy with that, so I’ll be posting my silver 4114 up for sale. Even if it idols as low as 60W with the silver, it would take several years to make up the difference...
  4. S

Thanks for your response! I see your point on the E5v4 gen. I got a pretty good deal on this board/cpu/cooler from a member of this forum so the price difference was much closer, plus m.2 onboard is helpful in my short 2u case. For the RAM, I probably jumped the gun on a decent deal on these...
  5. S

First thread for a long time lurker. I'm in the process of building what I would consider my first "real" homelab server, graduating from old laptops to rack mount hardware. I've been slowly accumulating components since prices have started coming down and as I find deals, and I've ended up...
  6. S

FS - HP T740

I'll take the X11. PM inbound.