Recent content by smitty2k1

1. S

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Very cool, looking forward to the finished product!
  2. S

8x8GB ECC DDR3 RAM - $160

How is DDR3 ECC ram so cheap compared to the DDR4 consumer pricing these days?
  3. S

8x8GB ECC DDR3 RAM - $160

https://www.walmart.com/ip/64GB-Kit-8x-8GB-Modules-PC3-12800-1600MHz-ECC-Registered-DDR3-DIMM-Server-240-pin-Memory-Ram/115890231
  4. S

I ended up buying the 60mm Noctua PWM fan. It fits the heatsink and is larger than the 50mm fan that came with the motherboard. However, the old fan attached to the heatsink by using screws that basically threaded themselves into the fins of the heatsink. Because of the design of the heatsink...
  5. S

Maybe I'll try to rig up that 60mm Noctua
  6. S

Because the mounting holes are at 50x50 not 40x40?
  7. S

So the 40mm Noctua arrived. Nice packaging with lots of accessories. Unfortunately, it turns out my Gigabyte Xeon D-1521 board actually has a 50mm fan with 40mm mounting holes, as opposed to this 40mm Noctua with 30mm holes. Measure twice, cut once, I guess. Anyone have any 50mm PWM fan...
  8. S

Available on Amazon: Amazon.com: Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM premium-quality quiet 40mm fan: Computers & Accessories Just purchased one for myself
  9. S

The press release I read said they are shipping to suppliers now and should be available to purchase soon.
  10. S

Well this is exciting, Noctua just announced a new 40mm fan that has a 4pin PWM version! NF-A4x20 PWM
  11. S

While not using the ASRock Rack board, I am using a Gigabyte D1521 board and am interested in cooling performance difference as well. Are you using the stock fan with this new heatsink? The Gigabyte heatsink seems decent, but the fan is pretty meh. Looking for a new 40mm fan. The only good one...
  12. S

Can anyone recommend a decent 40mm PWM fan? My Gigabyte Xeon D-1521 came with a heatsink+fan but the fan is a little 'buzzier' than I would like for my apartment. The fan it came with is only 10mm thick or so, so I think a thicker fan may perform better?
  13. S

Gigabyte MB10-DS1 nvme connector?

That's exactly what mine looks like, and further down on the page is the pinout for that connector as well
  14. S

PCIe3 is exactly what you would want. However I suspect you're chasing a lost cause :(
  15. S

Bought the same board, my box-included documentation calls it NVMe, but the online documentation shows it on the schematic but does not reference it. Additionally, the NVMe section of the bios just says 'not detected' or something similar. Certainly the Xeon D chip supports NVMe in addition to...