Recent content by SlickNetAaron

1. S

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

I though max RAM was 16GB? Did that limit get bumped over time? Maybe try with only 16GB?
  2. S

IRAID: improved RAIDZ

Sounds awesome! Could breath new life into ZFS. Do we know if it’s just theory or in the works or an ETA or anything?
  3. S

HP EX920 M.2 1TB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D TLC NAND SSD $240

Interesting... didn’t hear of that drive before, but it looks solid in reviews
  4. S

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Okay, suggestions on a m.2 2280 SATA that could be used for a few VMs? Hopefully 500GB+ Or I guess it could be mSATA. I have a micron M550 (I think) 240GB mSATA, but not sure it’d be large enough, and it would be a pain to move from an existing system. I’d prefer m.2 since that is obviously...
  5. S

Back on topic... Anyone know if the T620 Plus m.2 slot supports NVMe? Booting or as secondary storage? I think the included SanDisk m.2 is only SATA
  6. S

tapatalk wont login or update feeds anymore

Totally understand that. Is there an alternative mobile app that we can use? I just like the push notifications.. much finer control for my use than getting email notifications
  7. S

Intel Optane (32G/800P/900P) for ZFS pools and Slog on Solaris and OmniOS

This is really interesting! Thoughts on why using multiple slog devices is only a marginal improvement over single slog? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. S

10Gig to Wifi slower than 1Gig to Wifi

Are your 10gb interfaces on the same layer-2 network as the 1gb and WiFi? Jumbo packets enabled on 10g but not end-to-end, forcing fragmentation?
  9. S

Fastest File Transfer over 40gigE.

I’m fairly certain that If you have to run opensm for the link to come up, it means you are running the cards on Infiniband mode, not Ethernet. That means not having IPs at all on the interfaces, unless running IPoIB which doesn’t have the same performance. Passed that observation, I’m not...
  10. S

Has anyone tried bcachefs yet?

I’m hoping this takes off! The design, feature roadmap and performance look impressive on a cursory review
  11. S

NVMe Storage Solution

Hmm.. I guess it’s not such a huge statement... it just struck a chord with me somehow. I’m not sure I can quantify why. I’ll have to look around a bit. I’ve been lurking for a while and fail to recall a big discussion on FreeNAS + 40gb. I’m no fan of FreeNAS, just trying to find something...
  12. S

NVMe Storage Solution

Interesting... huge statement (and I don’t doubt it at the moment) So where do we go from FreeNAS? Preferably with data integrity Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk