Recent content by sli

1. S

Which switch for connecting ConnectX2 and ConnectX3 cards ?

No need to use infiniband. I have tried building a lan with mellanox stuff (originally come with my HP server) and ended up finding it too complicated to get a stable setup at a low cost (with refurbished boards and switches). I think I will opt for a 10Gb Ethernet LAN for my lab and buy QSFP+...
  2. S

Which low budget refurbiished managed switch (less than 200 $) do you recommend ? (which can support my cards and DAC cables) It is better to go for a Mellanox switch or will other brands work as well ? I have seen Mellanox IS5030 under 100$ on ebay.
  3. S

Thanks for your answer. I'm really new to the mellanox and infiniband worlds. I no longer have the SX6015 switch so I can't try another cable. My server cards support 40G Infiniband and 10G Ethernet mode. The 6036 is a managed switch so it can operate in both infiniband and ethernet mode, im...
  4. S

Hello, My lab is a HyperV cluster composed of 4 x HP DL170e servers and 1 x Dell RX720XD with Windows Server 2019. HP Servers > HyperV Hosts Dell Server > Storage Server (ISCSI and SMB). I purchased 1 ConnectX3 40GB dual port card for the Dell server (part number MCX354A-QCBT). HP servers...