Recent content by Sleyk

1. Sleyk

Flash/Crossflash DELL H330 RAID Card to HBA330/12Gbps HBA IT Firmware

Ok glad its working! Yeah if its working in another system, my first instinct could be the lifecycle controller firmware. Its most likely not a bad thing to update to the latest or close to latest bios for your system. R430/530/630/730? Let me know if that helps. Also, it could have been it...
  2. Sleyk

Definitely worth a try. For some reason, the flash is not taking or is being erased on the controller after flashing, which is weird. Do you have any command scripts running? Some people do that to make the process easier. If not, it could be a legacy sas3flsh vs UEFI sas3flash. It's definitely...
  3. Sleyk

Hmm, once you flash, the card should work excellently. Looks like you flashed the card properly, so no worries there. You could try to do another flash, but try to shorten name to h330m.fw, then try to flash the card: 1.h330m.fw (enter that in "controller is not operational") use whatever file...
  4. Sleyk

Recommended HBAs for Windows Server 2019

Ah! Yes, you are right! It is so wonky when a controller can only do 6Gbps, but PCI bus is rated for 3.0 speeds. I suppose it will allow the drives to better approach the limit of 6Gbps.
  5. Sleyk

IT mode - removing "boot services"

Nice! Glad it worked :.)
  6. Sleyk

Nice! Glad you found out the issue! Heheh, FreeNAS bugs. Don't you love em'? ;)
  7. Sleyk

Sure, Windows Server 2019 will have drivers that will recognize all the above cards no problem. LSI and adaptec cards are wll supported under most commonly used OS'es.
  8. Sleyk

I apologize! Command corrected is (-o -e 5, not 4) I apologize!
  9. Sleyk

Hmm, it looks like the mpr driver stack is continually throwing the same wait error command. This could be an issue with FreeNAS or the controller's firmware. MPR is the LSI 3rd Gen driver stack for FreeBSD. I would start with upgrading the bios on your Dell system to something lately. If...
  10. Sleyk

Interesting. It seems someone attempted a flash on the H730. Very interesting. As of right now, the 3108 chipset is a dual-core power pc chipset. To my knowledge, it won't take the SAS 3008 IT firmware, but stranger things have happened, so I am curious to see if this works. I have tried...
  11. Sleyk

Sure, you can use 2 x 8 port cards perfectly in one system with no problems. I use it that way all the time. As for a 16 port PCI 3.0 LSI card, that may run you expensive. Those are the LSI 9300-16i cards. You can, however, get a PCI-E 2.0 (6Gbps) 16 port low profile card with Microsemi. Its the...
  12. Sleyk

Sure, you can use sas2flsh.exe (legacy) or sas2flash.efi (uefi). Both utilities will work well. If you get the "PAL" error, then use the sas2flash.efi utility. You can definitely flash both cards, then reboot. The commands would be: 1. sas2flash.efi -o -c 0 -e 5 (first card) 2. sas2flash.efi -o...
  13. Sleyk

Hey my friend, currently, right now, the H730/730p isn't flashable to Dell IT firmware as it has the SAS 3108 chipset with cache. It can only do proprietary Dell raid. I actually need some for my system, so sent you a pm. It may be possible to do in the future, but for now, only the H330 will...
  14. Sleyk

Sure. The LSI stack is contained within the system for most 2nd and 3rd gen cards. If not, you can easily download them from Broadcom's site, so no worries there. Do you just need 8 ports? A simple sas 2008 chipset card like the dell h310 or lsi 9211-8i will do. Most people want newer pci-e 3.0...
  15. Sleyk

Some 9207-8i cards will come branded with "9205-8i on the back, making it slightly confusing. That's why some eBay sellers will list the info, but of course not all of them understand what happened with this card. Look for the main label on the card to say "9207-8i" and you should be ok. I have...