Recent content by Skippy96

1. S

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

Thanks for helping!! can you post pics of the mod?
  2. S

[FS] [US] 10x Seagate 2.5" SAS 1.8TB 10K ST1800MM0018

PM'ed you, do you still have any available? thanks
  3. S

advise on 5tb 2.5 NAS drives (cheap)

i see what you guys are saying, much less selection of 2.5 drives and i keep seeing 3.5 drives coming up after i set my filters to 2.5. saw these on newegg but not sure how old they are . looking for a similar drive...
  4. S

two reasons i was thinking of 2.5 drives: 1. I was hoping to find some server pullouts with low hours that were cheap (old drives were pullouts as well) and see most new servers come with 2.5 drives 2. I'm using an old MicroATX case that has a single 5.25 slot and was hoping to use this dive...
  5. S

So my current NAS is giving me SMART errors after 8 years of service ( SAMSUNG HD103SJ ) and im looking to downsize to a micro ATX setup as part of rebuilding the system. My old setup started as Freenas with ZFS and evolved to OMV with ZFS. its mainly used for movies for the kids, some personal...
  6. S

FS 2 ICX6610-24P switches Fully flashed and updated

Thanks samir but its more of having a conversation without the added noise. also i only need 3-4 10gb ports so its better to downgrade for me.
  7. S

zip is 10956, i can chewck on tuesday re cost to ship, PM me your contact info an we can discuss. would you want 1 or 2?
  8. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Less the true loudness of the switches, more the layout of my house. The switches sit in between my desk and the door in my office, so any sound coming inside my office has to pass through them to get to me. Hoping I can either put quieter fans or turn off the fans all together on the 6450, I...
  9. S

:( they work great but my pregnant wife cant yell at me from upstairs for me to hear her in my office. they are fully updated but will not have any licenses on them (you can reach out to fohdeesha for that :) will sell with 2 fans and 2 power supplies (switch is POE but power supplies are not...
  10. S

So unfortunately I'm going to have to sell both my ICX6610-24P switches :( they work great but my pregnant wife cant yell at me from upstairs for me to hear her in my office. they are fully updated but will not have any licenses on them (you can reach out to fohdeesha for that :) will sell...
  11. S

So are you saying by doing this I would show the power supply a fan RPM speed of 8,000 rpm but have the fan running at 4,000 RPM?
  12. S

ok so I'm at my technical limits here guys so if anyone can help please reach out: i got the pulse generator modules from Amazon and tested them on my pc and they work fine, they are outputting ~8,000RPM based on the pot setting. i also took the power supply apart. the pinout for the fan...
  13. S

does anyone know where to buy blank covers for the power supply or what the part number is? thanks
  14. S

got too lazy to solder these up so did some searching and found them ready-made for super cheap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHJ13RY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 they should be here on Friday/Saturday. will post up how they work
  15. S

Is there any way to leverage all the access we have with these dev builds to modify the firmware to allow for fan modifications? My 6610 is getting too loud for my office :)