Recent content by silika

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Welp, I sent back the 6450 and my 6610 is lost in the seller‘s shipping department somewhere, so I guess I’m still shopping :p Looking at 7150s, I see that chassis fanless is only supported on the -24p and the -48p, so I guess that means that it is explicitly not supported on the -48pf, right...
  2. S

Oops, now that I have the serial console connected again I see endless: PoE Error: Device 0 failed to start on PoE module. PoE Error: Device 1 failed to start on PoE module. And then it hard resets slot 1, and back to the beginning :( I'll try a firmware reflash and return it if that doesn't help.
  3. S

The plot thickens! I powered up the switch again today with an H510 plugged into a port, just out of curiosity to see what would happen, and... it worked! I had PoE working happily to both the H510 and R600: So then I restarted the switch again out of curiosity, and sure enough back to no...
  4. S

Hi folks, I'm the proud owner of a straight-from-ebay ICX6450 and R500, and I can't power one from the other. The R500 does power up from another PoE switch, but doesn't power up off any port on the 6450. This is a 6450-24P according to the labeling, and I've upgraded the PoE firmware as per...