Recent content by Sic_Alpha

1. Sic_Alpha

PDB-PT747-4648 into 846E16-R1200B Chassis

I have not yet. I probably will eventually; but I need to wait a few paychecks... If/when I go through with it, I'll post on how it went. Would like to know if it will not work without having to gamble spending the money though!
  2. Sic_Alpha

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

I just got an open-box i350-T4 V2 from provantage.com but when I do an lspci commands it says the following: lspci -n 8086:1521 (rev 01) lspci -vv Does that mean it's not a V2 because it says (rev 01)?
  3. Sic_Alpha

I created a spreadsheet of that PDF for comparing cables. Here's what I have for comparing current PDB with the one I want to install. I have all PDBs listed in that PDF inside the spreadsheet if anyone is interested in it. It was super useful for comparing them with each cable setup using...
  4. Sic_Alpha

Wanting to put this: Supermicro PDB-PT747-4648 27-Pairs Power Distributor For Redundant Power Supply Into this: SC846E16-R1200B | 4U | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. The product page for that chassis states it comes with this PDB: PDB-PT846-8824 Does anyone know if the...
  5. Sic_Alpha

Supermicro: Old Chassis + New(er) Motherboard

Hah, sorry; just going by what you listed as your username. I'm pretty sure the pinout does line up; I just used a multimeter to test, what I know how to anyway. I'm still afraid that I'll fry something in an attempt to plug it all in; can't really afford to replace any of it!
  6. Sic_Alpha

Supermicro: Old Chassis + New(er) Motherboard

The Gecko, did rotating it 180 work for you? I just got the following: 846E16-R1200B Chassis with Supermicro MBD-H11SSL-I Board The pinout for the MBD-H11SSL-I is the same as your X9DR3-LN4F+ and the 846E16-R1200B Chassis has the same 16-pin cable. Or will this work with the 846E16-R1200B...
  7. Sic_Alpha

CSE-E301

I'm considering the Supermicro AS-E301-9D-8CN4 for a small home server, but I really need it to fit at least 1x 3.5" drive. It was suggested here that a 3.5" drive could fit https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-as-e301-9d-8cn4-review-embedded-epyc-appliance/ Does anyone know if that's been...
  8. Sic_Alpha

Ubuntu Install While LSI Controller initializes

Thanks! I was doing a full/slow initialization as it was the initial build. I wasn't sure if quick would be ideal considering that it was the initial... I waited until the initialization completed then reinstalled Ubuntu, everything worked just fine. Walter, are you referring to software that...
  9. Sic_Alpha

It wasn't there after initializing the array. I reinstalled and everything is fine now...
  10. Sic_Alpha

I've never messed with a HW RAID controller before. I have my RAID 5 array constructed and it is currently initializing using the LSI WebBIOS, 24% completed. I read that you can install while it's initializing; it did show up during installation with the correct size so I mounted /home to it...
  11. Sic_Alpha

NORCO RPC-4220 Bay Numbering

Thanks for the response. The reverse breakout has stickers on the SATA end numbering them from 0-3. I could definitey just plug in one cable and reboot until until I figure it out. Should'nt take more than two, well maybe even one, reboot.
  12. Sic_Alpha

NORCO RPC-4220 Bay Numbering

I can't find any documentation on whether bay #1 is on the far left or right for each row on the NORCO RPC-4220. Anyone know? I am using a reverse breakout for one row, my controller has two SATAII and two SATAIII spots. I want to put the appropriate drives into the respective bay numbers. Thanks!
  13. Sic_Alpha

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

I totally read over the 1508 remark in your post... :) For only $10 difference, definitely go for 16GB. More is always better when it comes to RAM. You may not be using it all at the moment, but your usage may change in the future. If the price delta was wider then I'd reconsider based upon...
  14. Sic_Alpha

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

I don't think RAM is your limiting factor here. Though for only $10 why wouldn't you double it? The D525 is going to be your issue for transcoding in Plex. I'm thinking not a chance for two streams, doubtful it will even handle one that well. D525 passmark score is ~700 What kind of CPU do I...
  15. Sic_Alpha

IBM M5015 experiences

I've read that these have a long boot time but it can't be 15 minutes long can it? I installed the card, have the bootable USB inserted, I'm stuck at this screen: I've rebooted once and chose the "any key to continue" option with the same result, stuck on "0 Virtual Drive(s) found on the host...