Recent content by Shane

1. S

Problem with Chenbro NR40700 (Red led from chassis and backplane)

My red light came on when one of the PSUs was bad. It was a backup so I didn't know for sure until I tried running on only that psu. The seller from ebay shipped me a new replacement.
  2. S

Guinea pigs needed - aka FreeNas 11.3 is out

11.3 working fine for me. I have already stopped using any plugins, so it's just a NAS on a ESXI VM.
  3. S

GPU Passthrough to Linux Plex server

I run a very similar system with no issues passing through that exact card. I don't believe I had to do anything odd on the hypervisor. Once into linux I had to install the hacked driver that unlocks more than 2 transcodes and the nvidia package. ESXI 6.7U2 on Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ running...
  4. S

$199(US) - Chenbro NR40700 4U 48-Bay Storage Chassis w/Rails & PSupplies

It comes with 3, 2+1 spare. It will beep at initial boot if any of the 3 are missing but it will run fine. Just press the alarm button and it silences it. Since my server is always running I would have to push the button once or twice every 6 months so not really that concerned. If all 3...
  5. S

I just ended up printing some. The reviews of the trays were that they were pretty crappy.
  6. S

Interesting design. These connect to just the top of the drive correct? I think I like it. Makes getting the drives out easier.
  7. S

Not my work, but the ones shared with me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5x2bfgh3lxho1x/Chenbro%20Drive%20Rails.7z?dl=1
  8. S

Yeah mine was in perfect condition too, of course for $110 shipping it should be :). I printed out the drive rails, but removing them leaves alot to be desired. I have tried a couple LFF drive trays but none of them work. If anyone finds a compatible tray please let me know. IBM 25R8864...
  9. S

30-40x 2.5" drive bay case?

The netapp shelf will quickly ramp down to well below 57db. It is loud when first powered on , but once it starts up it is noticeably quieter than my Supermicro 836 chassis.
  10. S

C6220 IPMI raw fan control no longer working?

Not familiar with that hardware, but I know I get that error if my dedicated IPMI port is not connected. So I would check to make sure you are getting lights on that ipmi port, power surges and all.