Shadowsong's latest activity

• S
    Shadowsong replied to the thread Asrock X570D4U-2L2T Build.
    The front 3 fans are intakes and the rear 60mm and CPU fan will act as exhausts. After doing some testing it's what I found to be the...
  • S
    @zbyte if your interested here is my setup with the 5950X in 2U. Noctua across the board with fans, but I’ve left the built in Dynatron...
    • 1806ED9C-7397-42AF-B6AB-FD79DDBE68E4.jpeg
  • S
    Quick update, all 128GB is running at the correct speed and the timings (on auto) do line up with the rated 22-22-22 so all looks good...
  • S
    Nope mine did not, however I have just been doing some more testing and now have the Memory and Infinity Fabric clock speed set at...
  • S
    Did you have to do anything to get the memory to run at those speeds or did they run like that by default? Mine certainly didn't so...
  • S
    It's running at 2666 currently
  • S
    @ramblinreck47 I have 128GB for each server of that exact Kingston memory from the QVL. Just wasn't super obviously when I briefly...
  • S
    First 5950X has arrived and has been fitted, all seems to be working well and pretty reasonable thermals considering it's 2U...
  • S
    Small update, switched out the M.2 drives from Samsung 980 Pro to WD Black SN850's as their performance is far better in most workloads...
  • S
    The servers will be hosted locally in my small rack cabinet, i'm fortunate enough to have FTTP so have a dedicated line for my servers...
  • S
    Shadowsong reacted to EffrafaxOfWug's post in the thread Asrock X570D4U-2L2T Build with Like Like.
    Mine's in a tower case (cheap'n'cheerful 8 core server), I believe there's a thread about 1U cooling for AM4 chips somewhere on the...
  • S
    Thanks for the link, useful discussion to read through. I’m hope that to be the case with the thermals, doing as much as possible in...
  • S
    Yea that's a shame about the 16MB BIOS ROM on the X470D4U but it might be they will try to make it work hence the delay. I know with...
  • S
    Yea it's a very well spec'd board, I picked up 3 for £425 each here in the UK. No need for a GPU, game servers don't require it. The...
  • S
    Wanted to share my work in progress server build, i'm making 3 x 2U High Performance Game Servers. Open to any feedback and ideas for...