Recent content by Set Iron

1. S

[Please help, STUPID MISTAKE] Recovering S2D after accidental clearing of virtual disks

Hello, I made a stupid mistake. I was rebuilding one of two S2D clusters after an upgrade and I accidentally reset the wrong node. I used this script: $ServerList = "Server02", "Server04" Invoke-Command ($ServerList) { Update-StorageProviderCache Get-StoragePool | ? IsPrimordial -eq $false |...
  2. S

Best NUMA configuration for 64 cores and large VMs

Hey everyone, has anyone ran some benchmarks with various NUMA configurations on Rome? The issue with 64 core CPUs is that Windows is only able to address 64 logical cores at once, and thus has an internal "group" subdivision of 64 logical cores. Even with NPS1 you are only able to create a 64...
  3. S

how can I use non-PLP SSD on S2D?

You can, but it will suck. Single node storage space would be ok, but s2d would be disastrous, you'd get constant CSV hangs. Don't do it. Go for a VSAN or stick with separate nodes.
  4. S

EU WTB : Dual Ports 10GB SFP NIC

I have a couple of Intel X722 DA-2 and a bunch of DA-4 (quad port), would you be interested? I think 100€/ea and 150€/ea would be fair.
  5. S

H11DSi-NT RMA again!

I've had THREE H11DSU-IN (the server shaped version) randomly reboot under heavy i/o+cpu load. That's not something you would ever expect of a board made for such purposes, but when you take a closer look at the vrm and general componentry... So I'm gonna say yes, they are just low quality...
  6. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Hey everyone, first post here. I tried going through the thread but didn't find any specific answers. Could someone point me to a version/stepping reference for epyc processors? Specifically, QS (stepping 0?) Epyc on ebay sometimes claim a lower frequency than retail, sometimes not. Do they...
  7. S

S2D slow write (no parity & NVMe cache)

Did you ever get the matter resolved? I was experimenting with full NVMe flash S2D using Samsung PM1725b drives and found myself in the same situation. It seems like a driver issue, but Samsung doesn't provide any.