Recent content by serverkim

1. S

Getting disconnected from a VM after a while

Anything but a well versed in these matters here. I have just narrowed it down to Proxmox but I can't see what is wrong with it precisely
  2. S

The OPNsense WAN is on vmrb0 too, but it gets another IP from my physical Home router. Never had problems with that before. As for OPNsense firewall (or MK), I had already set an incoming pass rule from WAN for my pc (192.168.3.100).
  3. S

Both pc/laptop you see in the image above can connect to internet and each other (via RDP, etc) when are on the HOME LAN (192.168.3.0/24) it gets the same IP leased from the Home router every time I start it. I don't think OPNsense has anything to do with the issue since another VM in...
  4. S

My second old laptop works perfectly on my HOME LAN (192.168.3.0/24), and of course I can connect to it via RDP and SSH. No problem whatsoever in this case. For the time being, I only use Proxmox as a home LAB to experiment something new and learn new things about computer networking. So, as...
  5. S

Hi I hope you can help me figure out a network issue. To be honest, I don't need to fix it necessarily since almost all machines are running in a virtual HOME LAB (Proxmox) which I have been practicing with for a while to lean something new. I installed OPNsense as a VM in Proxmox 8 to...
  6. S

(DUP!) ping issue

Hi, I don't know if it is the right place to ask this question because I don't know what causes this problem exactly , but you have to start somewhere, right? Before I deploy a new setup on my real home lab, I gave it a go on my Vmware workstation first: I created 3 VMs: a GNS3 VM to run a...
  7. S

What if I need to move and mount an encrypted HDD elsewhere?

Meaning that I would just need to mount the HDD (mount /dev/sdx /mountitsomewhere) and use the same password to unlock? By the way, I saved the header. When should I use it? Thanks
  8. S

What if I need to move and mount an encrypted HDD elsewhere?

Hi everyone, I installed OMV5 as a Virtual Machine in Proxmox 7. I also passthrough a HDD to it. I then in OMV5 webgui I encrypted the disk following this tutorial: https://www.networkshinobi.com/encrypting-the-disks-on-openmediavault/ Easy peasy, I'd say. This encrypted hard disk is just for...