Recent content by segfault

1. segfault

The Ultimate Cheap Fanless 2.5GbE Switch Mega Round-Up

Picked up one of these to back my Omada EAP670s. Working well so far with the stock firmware.
  2. segfault

Anyone using TP-Link Omada based infrastructure ?

Seems like a worthwhile comparison. Hopefully the anecdotal report helps. Ubiquiti does have a wide product range and I wish I could say I considered it reliable. I'll drop a note here if the TP-Link stuff starts flaking out, but so far it's been better stability-wise than the Ubiquiti gear it...
  3. segfault

Anyone using TP-Link Omada based infrastructure ?

I was using Ubiquity UAP-AC-PRO and AC-Lite gear across multiple sites for years (my home, parents, in-laws, cabin in the woods). They weren't very good/stable with firmware. Depending on the "stable" firmware generation I'd have devices just stop passing traffic and APs doing the same at times...
  4. segfault

Flash OEM (IBM) Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN with stock firmware?

Thanks! This worked for me as well against the HP branded cards from a recentish thread (HP 649281-B21 ConnectX-3 VPI MCX354A-FCBT $35 + $8 shipping OBO ebay). I did not need to short anything.
  5. segfault

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

I use it that way but I don’t do any ipv6. It’s my core with two other switches as the edge (ex4200 and 3750x). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. segfault

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

I'm game to join the club as well. Cheers.
  7. segfault

Connectx-3 EN CX314A-BCBT 40/56 GbE for USD19

All of mine said 314a pro. I tested with my lb6m and iperf3. At this point they are in “homeprod” and have been running without issue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. segfault

ConnectX-3 dual port 10Gb SFP+ NIC for $129

@I_D I have one (T320) and there doesn't seem to be any way to use it in esx (6.5). It's going on my proxmox box because of that, so while the price point is great support is not depending on what you're trying to do. If anyone has these working in esx 6.5 let me know.
  9. segfault

Ahmen @DaSaint. I figured it was worth a shot. The other two panned out as well. We'll see how they do over a longer time period.
  10. segfault

I put three of them in one of my boxes. I'm seeing different info from these. Two say something like: Device Type: ConnectX3Pro Part Number: MCX314A-BCC_PROMISCUS_VLAN_Ax Description: ConnectX-3 Pro EN network interface card; 40GigE; dual-port QSFP; PCIe3.0 x8 8GT/s; RoHS R6...
  11. segfault

Nothing visible so far. I’m going to toss them into a box later today to test ports Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. segfault

The latest set came in the original box with both brackets Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. segfault

My second order just arrived and these included both the low profile and full height brackets. I haven’t tested them yet Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. segfault

If anyone wants low profile brackets I’ve got em Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. segfault

Exactly @mmk. I stripped all the brackets [emoji17] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk