Recent content by scurrier

1. scurrier

Brocade ICX6450-48P $99.99 or best offer shipped

Yes, that's correct.
  2. scurrier

MikroTik S+RJ10 SFP+ RJ45 v1 10Gbps Copper Module 30-39$

I have two of some version of these and paid $65 each. Good price here regardless of diagnostics or whatever.
  3. scurrier

GoHardDrive retailer (amazon / ebay) possibly forging SMART data, selling used HDDs as New ?

I took a chance on them today for two 6TB HGST drives that they say are "recertified." I doubt that, but I bet I will still get drives that are fine. I will qualify them for a week or two to make sure they're not garbage. If anyone has a good, simple qualification routine that exercises...
  4. scurrier

Ruckus R700 BO $90 accepted

I use an R700 in standalone for home use. It is rock solid and I'd highly recommend it. I think I paid $400 on eBay a few years back.
  5. scurrier

12TB Easystore USB HDDs @ BestBuy $180

Nice deal, I bought 4. Amex has a deal if you view your offers in your account to get 30 off 300. Makes the deal even better: $13.75 per TB plus tax.
  6. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

I went up to $17 ea. For qty 2 and they declined. Oh well.
  7. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

They turned down $15 ea. now on a qty of 2. Tried $15.75 and they're sitting on it.
  8. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

Tried $14 and it was auto-declined. Seems that $15 is the lowest possible. EDIT: For qty of 2.
  9. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

Thanks for checking! Gonna take a chance on it.
  10. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

Nice post, thanks. Anyone know if these work in Supermicro X10 motherboards without the power cable?
  11. scurrier

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Damn, schooled on my own AP...
  12. scurrier

If you look at the bottom of the 3rd page, it says, "Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with 802.3af/at PoE." My understanding is that it can do a lower performance mode to be compatible with old switches (802.3af mode). I want high performance.
  13. scurrier

Anyone know how to get 802.3at working on the ICX-6450-48P? When I run "show inline power" I see that my Ruckus R700 WiFi Access Point is running in 802.3af mode, not 802.3at mode. It's definitely capable of 802.3at, but can fallback to 802.3af. I want it running at 802.3at. There are no...
  14. scurrier

Does anyone know why Brocade offers two different firmware images on these switches? I understand that one is layer 3 and one is layer 2, but why did this require two firmware images? If the layer 3 image includes all the layer 2 stuff, what's the purpose of the layer 2 image?
  15. scurrier

Updating my ICX 6450 to the latest firmware caused the idle fans to quiet WAY down. Seemed like the old stuff was from maybe 2012 - ugh. Prior to updating, the fans would be full speed when booting, then quiet down but still be audible from behind a closed closet door. After updating, it's...