Recent content by scp

1. S

Aruba 2920 / Intel X540 NICs not working at 10GB speed?

I have an Aruba 2920 with the J9732A 10Gb expansion modules, and 3 PCs with the Intel x540 t1 10gb cards. For some reason I simply cannot get this setup to actually work at 10Gb speed. The connections all indicate they are negotiating at 10Gb, but iPerf caps out at 2.5Gb. Initially I used a...
  2. S

Compact Micro-ATX case

What about the Silverstone SG11B? I'm considering this one myself for an X9SCM-F build...
  3. S

[Sold] ATTO PCIE HBA SAS controller cards

I have 2 ATTO SAS controller cards I am not using anymore. Can free ship these in small USPS flat rate boxes in the US. These are my best guesses for prices. These are PCIE 2.0 x8 (x1) ATTO H680: x8 external - $85 (x1) ATTO H644: x4 internal, x4 external - $85
  4. S

[USA] [WTB] Supermicro CSE-M35 5x3.5" Hot Swap SATA CSE-M35T-1B

That's good advice, thank you. I have used IcyDocks in the past and liked them just fine. It's just not clear to me yet if my chassis is universally compatible with these drive cages. It would seem that way - if the Supermicro one fits?
  5. S

[USA] [WTB] Supermicro CSE-M35 5x3.5" Hot Swap SATA CSE-M35T-1B

I have a Rosewill RSV-L4500 and I've heard this Supermicro hot swap cage will work in it. I need 3 total. Does anyone have this, or have another cage that could fit this chassis?
  6. S

[USA] [WTB] Supermicro 4U 24-bay chassis

I'm in VA, looking for same thing. If you find a local-ish seller with multiples, lemme know.
  7. S

Repair / replace SATA connector - HGST Ultrastar DC HC510?

I was upgrading a drive in my array and I accidentally bent back a SATA connector on one of my HGSTs. Its still hanging on and surprisingly functional, but very loose. I had to tape the connector in place since the array is in the middle of a rebuild. I dodged a bullet, but only temporarily...
  8. S

Basic help / step by step to convert home network to L3 / vlan routing

Oh, this helps a ton, thank you! That simplified it for me and I'm pretty sure I know how to configure everything you laid out, so I'll give it a shot. I think once I get the baseline routing done, I can work on the ACL rules bit by bit and get those dialed in. Thanks again!
  9. S

I'll add a diagram to original post. This could also be my own confusion creeping in. I was told this setup is wrong because any traffic that goes from one VLAN to another VLAN ends up going through my router instead of being handled by the switch.
  10. S

I hope I'm phrasing the question right. I've got a configuration in place right now, and I want to reconfigure, but the terms and concepts are confusing me a bit. I only sort of understand the concept and I'm trying to learn this stuff and apply it to my setup. At the moment, my inter-VLAN...
  11. S

[WTB] 1U Atom / Xeon / i3 with x2 PCIE and 10G?

Wow, dude, those are great tips. Thanks a ton - I now have a solid direction to go in.
  12. S

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I could potentially roll x2 low power systems, each with their own capture card. I have x2 Magewell Quad cards and wanted to consolidate all 8 inputs onto one system. It seems a little inefficient to break it to 2 systems, but could do it.
  13. S

I'm not entirely sure of a make/model for this, so looking for some suggestions. I'd like to get my hands on a 1U system that has x2 PCIE (pcie 2.0 x 4). Is this even possible to do in a chassis, or does that need to bump up to 2U? Ideally, I'd like something low power like an Atom, but with...
  14. S

[closed] Unifi In Wall HD or FlexHD APs (x5-10)

I need to get my hands on 5-10 Unifi IW-HD APs, or FlexHD APs. I happen to have (x5) Wifi 6 Lites, so could be open to some kind of exchange deal if you need those. I don't need the POE injectors.
  15. S

Good price for HPE / Aruba 2920 stacking cable?

I'm looking for stacking modules and cables for a pair of HPE 2920 switches. Seems the cables (J9734A) on eBay are in the $85-100+ range. Is that normal for these cables? Is there an "off-brand" version that works just as well but cheaper, or is the HPE / Aruba branded cable the only one I...