Recent content by Scott Williamson

1. S

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

For anyone who is struggling to use a modern video card / GPU with the wiwynn sv7210 this mod to the VBIOS of the GPU worked for me link The addresses were a bit different but it worked to change just two bytes as described. Now have VT-d pass-through of the GPU working and boot with a monitor...
  2. S

calling aeon docker expert

Or GitHub - Bendr0id/xmrigCC: Cryptonight [Monero (XMR) / Sumokoin (SUMO) / ...] / Cryptonight-lite [AEON] CPU miner with Command&Control Server and Monitoring
  3. S

AEON Mining Performance

Supposedly equihash based mining is better with Nvidia. I saw gains from upgrading CUDA 8.0 to 9.1.
  4. S

AEON Mining Performance

Those of you who have Nvidia gear might want to try xmr-stak with the new release of CUDA 9.1. Tesla P100 went from ~1400H/s to 2650H/s on AEON after building against the new release on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. change device_functions.hpp to device_functions.h in...
  5. S

Aeon Pool Hashrate

Turning Hyper-Threading back on and letting xmr-stak write a new default cpu.txt gives 8% increase in hash rate with a ~10% increase in power usage. Not as efficient but more H/s on dual Xeon E5-2670 bare metal on Debian 9. 3177.8 H/s 246 Watts 3423.0 H/s 276 Watts HASHRATE REPORT - CPU | ID...
  6. S

Aeon Pool Hashrate

Just repointed my nodes at the STH pool 12.5 KH/s or so, 4x E5-2670 v1 dual socket nodes default config for xmr-stak Is there a recommended proxy for the pool software used on the STH pool and AEON mining? HASHRATE REPORT - CPU | ID | 10s | 60s | 15m | ID | 10s | 60s | 15m | | 0 | 144.7...