Recent content by ScarredPinguin

1. S

CISCO ASA 5515-X

Hey guys, I'm making a little server room in my house. There will be around 40 servers, most of them idling and mining chia coin. However, I'd like to have there some servers for personal use and thus I was wondering whether I need hardware firewall or not. I found this CISCO ASA 5515-X for 190...
  2. S

IBM M1215 - LSI 9340-8i flash to IT mode X570

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to flash IBM M1215 to IT mode om X570 Asus Prime Pro. I have followed this tutorial but I can't get to efi from usb in bios because of secure boot which is in setup mode and keys are cleared(Motherboard does not support secure boot - off) or because i'm...
  3. S

SAS HBA under 200-150 dollars?

Thank you all for help!:) I have decided to buy sas3008 HBA for the future. Is this the right HBA? I found it on Amazon for 129 euros and they claim it's new. However, it's for 300 euros on various e-shops. Should I be worried?
  4. S

SAS HBA under 200-150 dollars?

Hello everyone! Newbie here. I'm looking for a cheap SAS HBA for my AMD Ryzen 5 server wtih SAS825TQ 6 Gb/s backplane for 8 disks. All disks would be SAS 6Gb/s due to the backplane limitation and in ZFS raid. Could someone please recommend me some good SAS HBA? I have read that LSI...
  5. S

Proxmox VE raid 1/ZFS?

Thank you! That makes sense
  6. S

SAS825TQ Backplane

I'm just a total newbie in this field. I was confused about this backplane and I thought that SAS data are transferred via different cable. And about the age: I was not sure if I can trust up to 8 years old device. I hope that your eyes haven't bled out haha :D
  7. S

SAS825TQ Backplane

Thank you! What about the sata cables coming from the back? Do i connect them to SAS card? (I haven't got any yet).
  8. S

SAS825TQ Backplane

Hello everyone! Newbie here. I have bought second hand Supermicro SC825 2U chasis with SAS825TQ Backplane and 8x hot-swap hdd caddies. The server will be in datacenter and I'd like to fill all 8 hdd slots in the future with 4-12TB drives - primary use would be Plex/Kodi server and...
  9. S

Proxmox VE raid 1/ZFS?

Thank you guys for help!:) I was thinking if Proxmox on Optane would be a good idea since it has a very good TBW, and VMs on SSDs with ZFS Raid 1. I know that it has 145 MB/S Write speed but what would it be writing/reading if VMs were on SSDs? I'm not using server SSDs yet and I've been told...
  10. S

Proxmox VE raid 1/ZFS?

Hello everyone! I'd like to kindly ask you for a recommendation on installing Proxmox to my server. As written bellow, I have Ryzen 5 3600 server with 32GB 3200Mhz Cl22 ECC RAM, Two SSDs (Mx500 250GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB) and one new Intel Optane 16GB. The idea n.1 is to install proxmox in...
  11. S

Power supply Ryzen 5 3600 server

Hello everyone! Could someone please recommend me a power supply for my server?:) I'm very new to the server equipment and currently have no PSU. I don't have any Power separator either. I'd like it to be 80+ platinum. I'm currently searching for one PSU only with 24pin ATX motherboard...