Recent content by samat.io

1. S

FS: Raptor Computing Talos II Lite (POWER9) computer -used

GLWS! I love my 8c POWER9 Raptor Blackbird. Glad I got one before the pandemic, because the prices have been insane since then…
  2. S

1.5TB Intel Optane $399

Limit of 4 on Newegg.com. You can get another 4 via eBay should you need so many.
  3. S

Mem-Store Discounted Memory

Don't see the half prices either, but didn't know they were having trouble. Buying a bunch of RAM I don't need from them today, haha.
  4. S

Making "Great Deals" private?

Was there evidence that the reseller came from STH? If not, it's no difference whether the forum is private or not. And if so, then how would you filter out STH accounts that /are/ resellers? ebay auctions are public and not private or exclusive to STH — making STH forums private does not fix...
  5. S

18TB easystore $265 for next 8 hours Best Buy

Recently seen in the last 6 months (March?).
  6. S

18TB easystore $265 for next 8 hours Best Buy

FYI, the low price for new 18T easystores is $249.
  7. S

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

Offers at $35 now getting rejected. Anyone have a lead on cheap low-profile brackets?
  8. S

[FS] Nvidia Tesla P100 GPU's - Another Price Drop - EDITED!

Have had two of these from XeonSam working out well for me on a Dell R7525 for the last 2 months. These are Dell OEM, so they work well with Dell machines — the R7525 BMI detects them correctly as accelerators, etc. Packed great, shipped fast. You're a great seller XeonSam! My use case: AI...
  9. S

Supermicro 3.5 HDD screws

What were the 2.5" screws you found?
  10. S

Cheap'ish, high'ish endurance ~4TB SSD that can saturate 10gig with sequential reads?

+1 to what nablsltd said; you don't really have control how files will be laid out on disk to begin with. Additionally, in newer distributed filesystems like Ceph, fragmenting things is by design; you want chunks of a file randomly distributed all over the place to provide durability. Just to...
  11. S

[FS][US-CA; SF Bay Area] Two separate Dell R740s SFF Used; Full specs in thread

GLWS! I'm in the Bay Area, wish these had more than just 8 bays.