Recent content by safrax

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Part of why I'm doing this is a learning exercise. The other part is I'm trying to figure out whether or not I can solve some issues I've been experiencing with NAT and some games. I don't actually have very high hopes that the games support IPv6, but on the off chance they do it could...
  2. S

So FiOS finally turned on IPv6 to my house within the last few weeks. I've been trying to get it to propagate throughout my network but I'm a bit stumped. I have the following (simplified) setup: I have an OPNSense firewall sitting between a FiOS ONT and my ICX-7250. The ICX-7250 and...
  3. S

Help finishing network migration

I apologize if I end up butchering terminology or not making much sense. I'm not a networking guy, it's a lot of dark magic to me. I'm more of a Linux/Security person. I've been attempting to migrate my network from an old flat layout to using VLANs. My current problem that has me stumped is...
  4. S

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone else but I managed to upgrade from 8.0.80e to 8.0.90d on my ICX-7250-24 tonight. Here's what I did: I registered on Ruckus' website and downloaded the latest zip for the ICX-7250. After that I extracted the zip and tftp'd over the spz10115.bin...
  5. S

Are there any concerns I should be aware of if I move it out to my garage which at the top end is about ~29C,90F and somewhat humid?
  6. S

Is this normal for an ICX7250-24 with stock fan sitting in a room at about ~24C? Fan controlled temperature: 64.5 deg-C Fan speed switching temperature thresholds: Speed 1: NM<----->98 deg-C Speed 2: 67<----->105 deg-C (shutdown) Fan 1 Air Flow...
  7. S

I got my kit yesterday, thanks for the advice for those of you who commented! Now I have another question, is my device fully licensed? I've got an ICX6610-48p with the QSFP+ ports on the back. telnet@ICX6610-48P Router>show license Index Lic Mode Lic Name Lid/Serial...
  8. S

I've got an ICX-6610-48P on the way along with some mikrotik S+RJ10 SFPs that I'm planning on using to create a 10G link over CAT6 to a Mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN that will sit on my desk. The final piece of my puzzle is the link from the switch to the desktop. From this thread it seems like the...