Recent content by Ryan Knightley

1. R

External PCIE Bifurcation

@UhClem Thanks! And unfortunately, I'm not at BAH anymore, really need to update that on LinkedIn at some point. I jumped ship over to a green architectural engineering firm right before the pandemic was in full swing. So now my resources in that department are a bit more limited, but overall...
  2. R

@UhClem Just read through your responses! Really appreciate you taking the time to dig through all this! I did some quick Googling to see what I could find in regards to the risers you mentioned in your latest post, I managed to find these that support bifurcation via the SFF-8643 36 pin...
  3. R

@Blinky 42, I think I came across those same risers when I found this blog post detailing the process. Though the issue I took with the occulink stuff was that since they were all multicard risers, you were limited in what kinds of cards could be put in one or at least it made it more...
  4. R

Thank you both @UhClem and @kapone! The devil really is in the details! This really does scupper all the plans I had for this enclosure. Though I don't think it scraps them entirely. I'll just have to rethink having them as two independent boxes. UhClem you'll have to forgive me as I'm still...
  5. R

Hello all, So I recently got it into my head after seeing NVIDIA open up GPU passthrough for GeForce cards that I wanted to try something a little unusual, though perhaps not so much on this forum. I'm a 3d artist and do a fair bit of rendering but am also an avid tinkerer and like messing...
  6. R

ASUS HYPER M.2 x16 and Dell R820

Hey guys, keasley is correct. I was unable to get the card working as a raid card as a result of the motherboard not supporting pcie bifurcation. It would need an onboard plx chip to work in the 820 from what I understand . There are a few offerings that are a about triple the current price that...
  7. R

ASUS HYPER M.2 x16 and Dell R820

Hello All, Been a bit of a lurker for a while on here, I had a question I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to. I have a Dell R820 and the ASUS HYPER M.2 x16. As of right now I have just a single nvme drive populated into the card and another on a separate card. I have the two of these...