Recent content by ruffpl

1. R

Home server/workstation with virtualization

I have a Supermicro x10drhc with 10xsata, 8xsas ports, 2 xeons (each 8 core/16 threads),2x 16gb ddr4, couple new sata WD reds and Seagate ironwolfs, 1 new HGST 1tb sas drive. Dont know yet how and what to set up as system drives.
  2. R

This Moonlight nvidia game stream sounds great but the rest You wrote is a bit too complicated for me. After spending the day on youtube I came to the conclusion that I can not use any NAS system (freenas, xpenology,etc) as hypervisor because will not be able pass-thru gpu. So now virtualization...
  3. R

It was the second option that I would prefer because it doesn't sound so complicated. The main system could be on one partition (which I would have backed up in case of problems), and the rest of my data stored normal on separate hdds in ZFS (I don't know how virtual systems save files on...
  4. R

Hi and sorry in advance for my bad english. I have a lot of questions because I have no experience in virtual systems ( I only used VirtualBox several times on Windows) and unix just for fun/rooting smartphones, etc. I am in the middle of setup of my home server because I no longer have time to...
  5. R

An attempt to improve Dell poweredge 2900 (rack) with lga 2011v3 mainboard

I didnt find anything :( Maybe I will try to get scheme of blade psu and take cables directly from it ( the only minus is that I will be using only one psu instead of both). Model of psu is DELL 930W 0U8947 A930P-00
  6. R

An attempt to improve Dell poweredge 2900 (rack) with lga 2011v3 mainboard

I bought used Dell poweredge 2900 rack unit ( fully working with 2 PSUs) and I am thinking about inserting supermicro x10drhc (dual lga 2011) mainboard inside. I took out original mobo with all peripherals to make place for new one / just need to make small modification : chasis screws and...