Recent content by ru me

1. R

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Hi, I run into the paywall as well. I downloaded the next to last version which is still free and was then able to upgrade from the Ap web interface, like mentioned above.
  2. R

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

accepted 5x $10
  3. R

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I did not know your requirements and I do not know the answer. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable will chime in.
  4. R

Ha, before I would buy a $100 plus card for a measly 5070 there are other options to consider. Anything recent with a pcie slot should work equally well for a fraction of the total. Also, if your heart is set on a thin client, for about $30 shipped you could buy a t630 and add a second optical...
  5. R

PoE passthrough managed switch?

the hp 517 walljacks could be interesting too. They can be found in the $10 range. They have one passthrough POE. You should buy them with the bracket, otherwise they are hard to mount. They do need a controller box for management, e.g. MSM 720 which is one of the higher end options. So for only...
  6. R

PoE passthrough managed switch?

Might not have enough ports for you, but it has otherwise great features. https://www.amazon.com/Intellinet-561082-Port-Gigabit-Switch/dp/B01BA5JH52/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=intellinet&qid=1616617772&sr=8-3#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div
  7. R

Anybody ever came across something similar to this? LRST8615-4IT 6Gb/s Mini PCIe to 4-Port SATA3 Expansion Card. That card seems to be discontinued. Just realized that this is mini PCIe, obviously m2 would be needed.
  8. R

1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

https://www.servethehome.com/tyan-s5512wgm2nr-c204-xeon-e3-lsi-sas2008-motherboard-review/
  9. R

Quanta S210-X22RQ 2U LGA2011 Barebone (10Gb and LSI2008 mezzanines included)

Hi, I could not access the downloads on the quantum site. Anybody knows where I can find the latest bios and BMC firmware? Thanks!
  10. R

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

That is certainly good to know. I did not run into any ram problems with my 16gb sticks but I could imagine that 32gb sticks are more fragile due to their density.
  11. R

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Seller accepted $150 each for 2 lots. Also 13% eBay bucks for me. Lot of 4 Samsung 32GB (128GB total) PC3-14900 DDR3 desktop/server ram | eBay
  12. R

Dell T7600 ES workstation w/ re-programmable bios

I looked up the service tag. I seems that this might have a custom bios. Could be the main attraction here is the socketed bios. Probably not engineering sample.
  13. R

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Just tried 4K on a pretty recent win10 installation and it works. I am using an active display port to hdmi cable from cable matters (4K 30z). The AMD display software is installed. It actually has a provision to mess with the EDID information. I might need to do that since my display reports...
  14. R

$10/TB or less 3, 4, 6 TB SAS drives

No longer a good deal, now at $15/TB for the 6TB drives. Tried to get some for $60 but seller was holding firm at $70 and eventually rescinded their offer.