Recent content by ru me

1. R

Quanta S210-X22RQ 2U LGA2011 Barebone (10Gb and LSI2008 mezzanines included)

Hi, I could not access the downloads on the quantum site. Anybody knows where I can find the latest bios and BMC firmware? Thanks!
  2. R

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

That is certainly good to know. I did not run into any ram problems with my 16gb sticks but I could imagine that 32gb sticks are more fragile due to their density.
  3. R

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Seller accepted $150 each for 2 lots. Also 13% eBay bucks for me. Lot of 4 Samsung 32GB (128GB total) PC3-14900 DDR3 desktop/server ram | eBay
  4. R

Dell T7600 ES workstation w/ re-programmable bios

I looked up the service tag. I seems that this might have a custom bios. Could be the main attraction here is the socketed bios. Probably not engineering sample.
  5. R

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Just tried 4K on a pretty recent win10 installation and it works. I am using an active display port to hdmi cable from cable matters (4K 30z). The AMD display software is installed. It actually has a provision to mess with the EDID information. I might need to do that since my display reports...
  6. R

$10/TB or less 3, 4, 6 TB SAS drives

No longer a good deal, now at $15/TB for the 6TB drives. Tried to get some for $60 but seller was holding firm at $70 and eventually rescinded their offer.
  7. R

Enterprise ssd up to 16TB

Here is some catnip: Enterprise SSD - PCIe NVMe U.2 - 2.5 Inch SAS Solid State Drives - MyDigitalDiscount.com
  8. R

9440-8i (Lenovo 530-8i) for $89 OBO

I would assume that there are corresponding tri-mode backplanes. Since ebay does not know that concept it might as well not exist.
  9. R

$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

I was just looking into this. It seems that there is both a WD SAS and a SATA version. Just be sure what you are buying. Also not clear from the pictures whether the full face of the drive will make contact with the heat sink. Do you know? If you get these, be sure to get the WD version not the...
  10. R

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

I am glad that I was not alone in this. In my experience it takes a lot to kill a motherboard during handling. So a clean pull should almost always work. This one was even claimed to be tested. The seller did waste a lot of peoples time. Not cool. In this case packaging was good but another pet...
  11. R

Too many broken boards. Not really tested clean pulls as promised. I wasted half a day on this. Well I guess you get what you pay for, in this case nothing.
  12. R

I have trouble getting my board to do anything. After plugging in the PSU nothing happens. Shouldn't the boot LED come on? Any tricks to get the power button to work? I only have ECC UDIMMs but I think they should work in this board. There are several on the compatibility list of the other MB10...
  13. R

Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB -$299

Might need to watch your credit statements if you bought from Newegg. Apparently they had a data breach: NewEgg cracked in breach, hosted card-stealing code within its own checkout
  14. R

eBay Sitewide: 15% Off Min. Purchase $25 (Max. Discount $100) STARTS 08/28

One checkout per account. I had some trouble making a best offer to show up in the cart with the rest of the items. Initiated checkout, added coupon, cancelled and then went to the cart again.