Recent content by rshakin

1. R

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Anyone know if the fans can be controlled with ipmitool and if they are pwm and can be controlled through os.
  2. R

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Hey anyone know what kind of memory these take ?
  3. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Want to switch my outdated juniper ex4200 for a ICX6610 -48 so i can have some sfp+ ports for my new homelab, most of the switches I see on ebay don't have the license for the 8 10G port upgrade, are those sold still or where would one acquire one if need be.
  4. R

[ebay BO] RMS-200/8G PCI-e NVRAM Accelerator 360$

Very nice reaults... I wish I had that many drives
  5. R

FreeNas 11 - u3 version no power saving features the card is plugged in on its own x16 slot only to CPU 1 socket all the rest are CPU socket 2 the key to much low latency is to have it on a separate pciex bus. No power saving full fan profile sounds like a jet engine to help with cooling and...
  6. R

Yes, but I am sure this thing is going to be a fun little addition for my freenas server.
  7. R

Confirmed and replicated same results works great..... === START OF SMART DATA SECTION === SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED SMART/Health Information (NVMe Log 0x02, NSID 0xffffffff) Critical Warning: 0x00 Temperature: 46 Celsius...
  8. R

It only writes to nand on power failure or complete shutdown... So cycle usage would out live most of the system
  9. R

Radiant does not make these anymore... But this seems a great choice for a slog. Also I've been using a pmc flashtec drive for that purpose, abeit with some caveats, but also works great if you have a ups.
  10. R

Well the only thing that can and will wear out is the capacitor... Everything else well pretty much ram and nand flash...
  11. R

What are your specs on the system, I am hitting a bottle neck somewhere... Might be my ram or processor
  12. R

Yeah lots of fun... Right ;) as long as freenas won't change what ever they did to nvme driver you could back Port it to your freebsd and load that driver from boot
  13. R

Nvme support for freebsd is not very consistent.
  14. R

Try maybe the Free Nas image I had that issue with my PMC drive with old version of Free nas
  15. R

Good luck spoke to them on Monday... maybe if you have a job that relates to the field they will listen but they told me they only sold those to oem and such... kinda like my quest with pmc...