Recent content by rpross3

1. R

FS (TX): 22U VMware/SmartOS lab

Thanks. Prices posted.
  2. R

FS (TX): 22U VMware/SmartOS lab

Thought I would see if anyone was interested in this lab setup before I go to eBay with it. HP/Compaq 22u rack Cisco 2970 - $75 3x Dell R610 II - $250/ea 2x X-series @ 2.8Ghz 96GB SAS6/i (non-RAID) iDRAC Enterprise 1x SMC 2U - $1,000 2x X-series @ 2.8Ghz 48GB On-board LSI is RAID w/ No JBOD...
  3. R

Mellanox ConnectX-2 and ESXi 6.0 - Barely Working - Terrible Performance

I have a similar setup and also find the NFS performance sucks wind. I've exhausted my Google-fu. Very interested in what you come up with. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  4. R

OmniOS Napp-it Replication Question

I think what you're looking for to keep file systems in sync is zfs send and recv. Rsync works well for files and folders. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. R

Napp-it Issue with multiple Active Directory

Is server 4 the only or closest GC? Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  6. R

Supermicro IPMI spamming LDAP ports

I'll double check for operator error. The firewall is pfSense with VLANs. The rules are blocking access. I hear you on the vulnerability, but someone has to be first... I'll see about removing the DNS suffix from the DHCP options; which still wouldn't explain why the IPMI is trying to access...
  7. R

Supermicro IPMI spamming LDAP ports

Noticed an internal firewall was blocking access to LDAP/AD ports on one VLAN where the Supermicro IPMI (v. 3.03) dedicated LAN ports were on another VLAN. The DHCP server on the IPMI VLAN is giving out XXX.local as a DNS suffix, and this is the only idea I have as to the cause, but why LDAP...
  8. R

Is napp-it stable enough for production?

This is good advice whether commercial or DIY. How about Nexenta? CE is free up to 18TB. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  9. R

Is napp-it stable enough for production?

Not to take anything away from Gea, but napp-it is basically a management gui for a short list of Solaris/Illumos derived OSes. So the stability and/or suitability question should be focused on Illumos variants like OmniOS vs Solaris. I hear the pitter patter of little penguin feet coming, too...
  10. R

Napp it user seeking help

beadm list beadm destroy Be careful Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  11. R

Napp-it Issue with multiple Active Directory

Do you have each site's subnet(s) defined in AD? Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk