Recent content by Root.ed

1. R

Supermicro H11SSL-I-O only heartbeat light, no system power light

For the post code? It was FF I think. Also, what can I use to diagnose the CPUs? As we don't get "motherboard LED1" to turn on, so I don't know how we can get any diagnosis on the CPUs itself... or even the motherboard. Is there some part we can use? Surely there is another way to help debug...
  2. R

Yes! The WORKING CPU in the "broken" motherboard... The heartbeat light will turn on ... and the CPU FAN (Noctua) thats connected will spin up... but the motherboard LED1 isn't turning on... I'll try to jump it as well, but the CPU Fan is spinning, why? I'll get a video of it exactly. Tested...
  3. R

I'll check if the CPU is recognized, I don't think it was though. I'll double check. How can we check the CMOS battery voltage? These were brand new motherboards when they were sent, but I'll check those if I can find a reliable way to do so, or swap them out with a motherboard 'that is...
  4. R

So right now here's what we have, we are logged into IPMI on oen of the machines that only blinks with a heartbeat. Currently it has 1 CPU, 1 CPU Fan/Heatsink, and 1 Stick of ram in C1 slot. ATX (24 pin) plugged in and a 4+4 PIN plugged into the CPU slot, in a case and without a case. Also...
  5. R

Got it. Unfortunately, they don't have a torque screw driver with the adjustable pounds... so I guess we'll have to try to do the best we can without that (for now, as they can't get one for at least 7-10 days). I meant that if we kept the CPU in, wouldn't it help with the post codes and...
  6. R

Great - I'm in IPMI on my home machine (but that one works fine... just wanted to confirm the username/password combination to pass that on to them on the machine that has the heartbeat). If anyone else reads this the username is still ADMIN and the password is the one under 'PWD' for newer...
  7. R

One does the blinking just fine... other doesn't. I also tested trying to get System power with no CPU but was unsuccessful on my home machine. It seems that we must have a *WORKING* CPU in there to get System Power? Or does anyone know if a broken CPU would work? Don't suppose it would but just...
  8. R

Is this the username/password? Or is it just the password? I see the following (blocked some of it out). I see "BMC" and then "PWD" -- is BMC = username and PWD = Password?
  9. R

Can you tell me how to access the webGUI and check those logs? I've never had to use it unless you mean IPMI... but what is the default login for newer supermicro boards? The boxes say something about "unique passwords" on them? Any guidance on this would be great! And i am pretty sure they...
  10. R

Currently we are not getting the LED1 at all... I'm going to see if we can get power on it without CPU as well, good idea as you are saying it SHOULD get LED1 (power) without any CPU in it? The heartbeat is working on one of them (CPU installed)... will check again the other as it wasnt...
  11. R

Heatsinks were not installed. they were shipped in the box with them though - using Noctua fans, they work great. Here's what the mobo looks like: https://i.gyazo.com/e1dab9b376cb5b07196246d27ee08d64.jpg https://i.gyazo.com/d335d2f1c610d7e5f352647bae8deb23.jpg
  12. R

Hi thanks for your response! By power on you mean LED1 ("System Power") was STILL powering on? Because we are not getting that to come on at all on any of the motherboards that are "broken". Also when putting the same CPUs in the WORKING motherboard still no LED1 (System Power) light. And...
  13. R

Part 2: Making this a separate post as we still have issues with the above testing, which is testing the same CPU/motherboard that was shipped together (and was working 100% fine prior to shipping) and isn't working right now on 2/3 machines. We decided to take the working CPU from the only...
  14. R

Hello everyone! So i've built around 5-6 of these same exact setups with the exact same parts and all of a sudden after shipping them out, a few of them are having issues. Its important to note that some were just fine that were shipped in the same box. So here is the issue, we are using the...
  15. R

Supermicro H11DSI-NT Blinking Red LED and CPU Cooler Fan Issue

Hello STH! I am having an issue that is driving me crazy and I'm not quite an expert so I'm doing my best here to get things going as I am so close to getting this thing to work. I am able to start up the machine and enter BIOS just fine. As soon as I change the priority to boot into UEFI USB...