Recent content by ronclark

1. R

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

I just wanted to say I am an extremely happy ruckus unleashed user as of Friday. I picked up a R310 off eBay, setup was super easy with the app, literally 5 minutes I was up and running. The app even asked if I want to update to the latest firmware. I live on the second-floor apartment the AP...
  2. R

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

I want to thank @fohdeesha and everyone else that made this possible. I just picked up a R720XD to replace my R710. the R720xd came with a H710 mini, i have to say this was the easiest flash to IT mode i have ever done. It was a super smooth move from the R710 to the R720xd on Truenas 12. My...
  3. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have just Add on card and that's for my intel quad gigabit card. I just wanted some thing better than the built in Broadcom nic. if I move to another system and move the intel nic I dont have reconfigure all the ports.
  4. R

I am running a Dell R220 with Pfsence. it's been running great a huge upgrade from consumer router
  5. R

I upgraded from a dell switch 24 port power connect. while plugging things in and moving things around. i seem to notiest the devices sure grab there dhcp address fast. Am imagining things?
  6. R

I have a 6650-48P Rev A power supplies. I can't hear it over my R710s and my MD1200. my 6450 came with two power supplies and two fan chartrages. there rear exhaust. I am just running one power supply and one fan chartrage.
  7. R

did you follow fohdeesha guide from the first post? ICX6430 / ICX6450 - Fohdeesha Docs I just got my 6610 and could not been any easier to get it updated and running. my web interface works
  8. R

My ICX6610 showed up early this morning in fact. to bad it has rev A Power supplies, its really clean and not damage. After its booted up i am pleased i cant hear it over my R710's with @fohdeesha guide i cant believe how easy it was up to update. Thanks a bunch. Now i have to pull out my old...
  9. R

so i picked up a ICX6610-48P it should be here Monday, so its over kill on the ports for what i need right now. its clean has ears, two power supplies and two fan trays. I have a baby blue serial to RJ45, it sounds like i am set for getting into the console. I need to get a few more things I...
  10. R

Hi Guys I am new here, I ran across this thread and had to make a account. I have to say this seems to fit the bill what i have been looking for. I am running three systems with Mellanox Connectx 3 649281-B21 direct connected to my workstation, hypervisor server and freenas. one of these...