Recent content by romanstingler

1. R

Asus C621E Memory overclock

the pc restarts a few times to get the memory configuration. I had to increase the dram voltage. have you put your dimms according to the manual? everything else regarding memory settings is set to stock
  2. R

@Micro thank you very much. I didn't find any affordable dual rank 2933 memory so I went for 2666. Now it runs @2933 - 3000MHz depending on OC or not. So I get over 250GB/s read and over 160 gb/s write speed as well as superb L3 cache speed difference of single rank and dual rank frequency...
  3. R

Hi, I'm curious if it is possible to use 2666 memory on 2933 with loosened timings. thanks in advance
  4. R

ES Xeon Discussion

reply from supermicro Microcode upgrade is provided by Intel for a list supported Xeon SP Server processors, and SuperMicro has no control about it. This document from Intel public website lists the supported CPU support...
  5. R

X11DPH-T Bios 3.0x with ES CPU?

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/getfile.php?SoftwareItemID=5924
  6. R

ES Xeon Discussion

you have to downgrade your bios. es support only up to 2.1, at least x11dph-t
  7. R

X11DPH-T Bios 3.0x with ES CPU?

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/getfile.php?SoftwareItemID=5924 this is 2.1. in 3.0a es support has been dropped
  8. R

Thermal throttling (?) with 2xQL2M (Xeon 8160 ES) on X11DPH-T

can you show me a bios screen of the cpu page. and can you try a linux live usb stick and open a terminal and enter dmesg and send me the output(very long) pm or link
  9. R

Hey what I see is that your PCIe clock is 38.4 which is definitely wrong. remove all cards and use onboard graphics. maybe your LLC has an issue so try playing around with this settings too. try disabling virtualization options, for testing purposes.
  10. R

that's bad I payed a bit more but they were tested and guaranteed to work. can you show some screens with hwinfo64? with the cpu frequency chart
  11. R

was also my first time. i wanted to buy ql2m ordered them but they were out of stock so I bought ql1k which work fine. are yours from a chinese or japanese seller or even usa? have you tried to ask the seller?
  12. R

oh, ok. I can post the bios settings later. have you tried to disable all cores except one? maybe there are some damaged. I use linux just to be clear. have you also temperature issues? (software) does the noctua get hot? (hardware) have you applied thermal paste or was it pre applied? I have...
  13. R

That's bad. Have you tried both separately? Where did you get them??
  14. R

Try setting bios controlled epb and setting lower performance or even power saving modes, just to be sure. check your cpu if there is any damage. Have you bios version 2.1 ?
  15. R

Where are you from?? Try setting the bios Advanced > CPU Configuration > Advanced Power Management Configuration > Power Technology > custom test all different settings I have the QL1K and in Maximum performance mode a few cores are stuck at 1.2ghz and a few go to 2.2ghz but performance...