Recent content by Rolando

1. R

supermicro e300-9d-8cn8tp Cooling options (homelab)

1U form factor is not very friendly when considering noise; however, when I used the Xeon D 1500 series, as the TDP is lower than the Xeon D 2100 the Noctua fans did just fine, so that's an option too. Another option could be to go with AMD EPYC 3000 as the TDP is also lower than the Xeon D 2100...
  2. R

supermicro e300-9d-8cn8tp Cooling options (homelab)

Hello Francis, I did tried without the fan and the system overheated and powered off after a couple of minutes of being started. E300 runs just fine only if you are ok with the loud factory fans, otherwise I recommend to keep the mini-itx form factor, I wrote a blog about this adventure: HOME...
  3. R

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Initial tests on open bench, M11SDV-8C-LN4F with Noctua C14S and the modified brackets: So far so good!
  4. R

I'm going to check the ABS option too then. Before I forget the needed length of the screws are 20mm. Regards. Rolando.
  5. R

So after a couple of print tests I finally have a version which I'm happy with the results: * I just noticed the screw laying around the CPU cooler lol. Main changes: - Holes are slightly wider as I'm securing the bracket with the included head-screws that came with the Noctua SecureFirm...
  6. R

Yeah, I'm actually kinda limited here, I couldn't find the "DIN562 Thin Square M3 nuts" anywhere, I'm not sure about N12L, but the C14S came with these: And I found around my stuff that screws that I will cut to 15mm as I couldn't find the M3x10mm screws locally. So in the end, I will still...
  7. R

so, the first test needs some adjustments, it may be because I'm using the C14S instead of the N12L, and well the differences in the socket. Thanks for the Fusion 360 files, I'm still learning how to use it but so far managed to made some modifications to my next test. As the C14S is bigger...
  8. R

One last question, what about the infill when printing this, 25%,40%, 100%??
  9. R

Amazing!, thank you very much, I don’t have a printer but I found a local provider that can print it with PLA and is not that expensive, after that I already identified some providers from the US that can print with PC and ship it here. Again many thanks for the help, I also hope that other...
  10. R

those are 6mm, I just took a pic measuring the original CPU cooler: Many thanks! Rolando
  11. R

Some extra info: not sure if this is very different from the original bracket measurements you had, one physical difference betwee the X11SDV and the M11SDV is that the Xeon D procesor has a heatspreader, and the EPYC 3000 it has the CPU Die exposed: Thanks!
  12. R

I was working with a 1U chassis but after found that the passive heatsink is not enough and that the height of the CPU coolers even from supermicro for the Xeon D 2100 and now with the EPYC 3000 don’t fit the 1U format, I decided to migrate to a mini-itx tower, in this case I manage to order a...
  13. R

I made the drawing using OmniGraffle and exported to Visio and JPEG just in case, I uploaded those files to: M11SDV NOCTUA C14S - Google Drive each box of the grid is of 1mm.
  14. R

Thank you very much for the answer, I did my best drawing this with as much detail I could and with the measurements: The position of the whole CPU cooler is not in the middle as usual, is more towards the top because otherwise the CPU cooler will block the PCIe slot which I need. So far I...
  15. R

I just got a mini-itx MB from Supermicro based on the Epyc 3251 CPU (M11SDV-8C-LN4F) and found two (expected) issues: - the Noctua mounting system is not compatible with the socket size (expected), I even had to get rid of the screws mechanism as is too wide for the MB - Your 3D model looks like...