Recent content by Rodskii

1. R

So what hardware you have bought lately that was a SCORE!!

Wow, I wish I could find a deal like this. Recently got a DL380 G6 SFF server and wish I had gone LFF cause any decent sized 2.5" drive is pricey.
  2. R

So what hardware you have bought lately that was a SCORE!!

A few weeks ago I scored an APC XS 1300 UPS from Goodwill on their half priced Saturday event (every other weekend in AZ) for $9. Factory batteries had never even been connected but were swollen and slightly cracked. Replaced them with a new set for $35 and it runs perfectly. The box was for a...
  3. R

Is is a good MB for a PFSense box?

Oh wow that's awesome. I will never use that more than 50 but my setup will be Cable Modem -> Sophos UTM -> Mikrotik CRS109 Switch -> all other devices.
  4. R

Mainly have experience using Mikrotik products and pfsense. Some basic cisco stuff too. I will definitely take you up on that offer if I run into issues.
  5. R

Here's a screenshot of the licensing information for the account I just registered.
  6. R

Markarr mentioned that. I've already registered and received my UTM license information for home use. Pretty excited to jump into this now. Thanks for everything!
  7. R

Really? Well that's pretty awesome. I will definitely have to do some more research. Thank you!
  8. R

I was going to go pfsense since it's open source and has decent packages for threat detections. I hadn't looked into any UTM's because I figured it would be overkill for a home network but now thinking about it I would love to get hands on configuring something like that. I may just try out the...
  9. R

Well that makes me excited. I can easily handle that along side my DL380 G6. Another quick question. I currently have an Intel DH61BE motherboard with an I7-2600 CPU in it that's laying around. I was planning on getting a cheap 2u case from rosewell and using it as my pfsense box with a quad...
  10. R

Excellent. I was looking at a R210ii for a dedicated pfsense box and noticed the R210s are substantially cheaper. I may just get one of them for cost savings.
  11. R

How is the noise with the R210? I noticed they are substantially cheaper than the R210ii but have read they can be pretty loud.