Recent content by RobSam

1. R

WTB: Ubiquiti Edgeswitch-16-XG

Hi, I have this switch that I am thinking of downgrading. Do you have an offer in mind? Thank you. Also, I could not PM you. Is it your setting? Regards, Sam
  2. R

Free Supermicro 2U/4U shipping box for local pickup

Don't know if this is useful for anyone, but if you are interested, feel free to pickup local at 43214. One box for 2U 826 server, another one for 4U 846 server, both comes with customized foams.
  3. R

DEAD - eBay - 10% off coupon

Thanks! purchased the 9400-16i HBA!
  4. R

Used ASUS C422 Pro $237, Gigabyte MD71-HB0 $267 @ Amazon warehouse

ASUS WS C422 PRO/SE LGA2066 ECC DDR4 M.2 U.2 ATX Motherboard for Intel Xeon W-Series Processors with SafeSlot - $237 Condition: Used - Very Good For Intel Xeon W series. Link: Amazon.com: Buying Choices: ASUS WS C422 PRO/SE LGA2066 ECC DDR4 M.2 U.2 ATX Motherboard for Intel Xeon W-Series...
  5. R

SOLD: Supermicro 2U 4 nodes server 2022TG-HTRF

SOLD I purchased this off eBay last July for my science computing tasks. But plan did not go well because of power/noise/RAM etc. The server was collecting dust since then. The server is perfectly working though. It has 4 hot-pluggable nodes in a 2U chassis. each node has: (2) AMD Opteron...
  6. R

Sandisk PX600 Cisco PCIE SSD

According to the review here: Fusion ioMemory PX600 Review | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews I guess it works with general platform? The price seems good? Anyone? The max power draw is 25W, seems a bit too much.
  7. R

General advice on ordering CPU's from overseas

I searched Taobao and found this model is sold in quantity by multiply reputable sellers and received usually good review (e.g. this and this ), so it's unlikely that this model is faked in quantity. Cannot guarantee for your eBay seller though. If were you, I would not worry too much.
  8. R

Cheap EE sample SSD 1.92TB $180 - 3.84TB $350

7000TBW for 3.84TB drive
  9. R

$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

:)It may not be that important but you may want to redact your serial number.
  10. R

I also bought the 1.6TB version. The life is 100%. The heat generation is comparable to 3.2TB version. The 1.6TB version idles 10C~12C higher than my other 1.8TB Sandisk SSD. Granted, the Micron one is SAS3 and my Sandisk one is SAS2. But both are hooked to SAS2 backplane and running at SAS2...
  11. R

I am not @marcoi but in my case, upgrading the firmware to 019 did not solve the overheat problem and the life expectation is still 99%. I did, however, moved the SSD from from the 4th column of the Supermicro 846 chassis to the 3rd column, and the temperature is much better, because the 4th...
  12. R

I am using Supermicro 846 case with modded 120mm fan wall. Both slots above and below the Micron SSD are blank. So where should be enough forced air flow around it.
  13. R

So I did a quick benchmark and what concerns me is that, during the test, the temperature reaches 49C!! As a companion, all my other drives are under 40C, see image below. The normal operating temperature from Micron is 0C~50C. If the drive's temperature goes above 50, would Micron still honor...