Recent content by RobertC

1. R

Supermicro X11SCH* Bios 1.0b - Thumbs Up!

The X11SCA-F bios does report my ECC is working, and Windows also reports it is active. (Replying to an emailed alert, which is not visible here..) The only issue I have is the fan control on this motherboard is far from quiet. I should receive a Noctua controller today which will allow...
  2. R

xeon e-2278G missing from stores

I made some progress on the fan noise. I stumbled across a tip about the fans ramping, or staying loud. The solution is to reboot the BMC. After that, it is much less annoying.
  3. R

Asrock Rack E3C246D2I

My 2288G was supported out of the box on a motherboard bought about 2 months ago. Unless someone gets super unlucky and gets old stock I doubt there would be any problems. Does anybody know of fan control app for windows that works with the c246 chipset?
  4. R

My 2288G is also running well. I finally got a working water cooler for it and it has not crashed in 24 hours of stress tests. CPU Temps max out at about 70c. I am using Kingston ValueRam ECC 4-16G sticks with no issues. MB reports ECC and the correct 2666 speed. No issues with that. My...
  5. R

I finally got my CPU. I installed it and it boots with the stock bios, on a MB shipped 2 months ago. No compatibility issues with the Kingston UDIMMs. It does not run long as my watercooler has a bad pump.. Should get a new AIO unit on Wednesday.
  6. R

I finally received my Xeon 2288. It boots, and the supermicro splash screen is very nice.. CPU is recognized with the bios it shipped with. Pity my watercooler pump does not spin up! I get very short run times.
  7. R

I have a Supermicro x11SCA-F on hand and should get my CPU on Friday. This motherboard has been sitting unused to two months. Anybody know if it will boot with a Xeon 2288G without a BIOS update?
  8. R

No.. I did receive a shipping number, it is moving towards my old address. Provantage is unable to change the delivery address 3 weeks prior. So an ex-coworker will reship it to me. I hope to get it this Friday.
  9. R

My Xeon E-2288g allegedly shipped today! Provantage had listed them as IN STOCK, qty 4. I called them, they said they would check with the supplier about my order. No answer after 2.5 hours, so I called back. They said it had shipped, and they would send me the tracking number. One hour...
  10. R

I called Provantage today and they informed me that the part should (maybe) ship on Sept 26. This is not a firm ship date, just a possible day that they could possibly ship..
  11. R

I still have not received any shipping notice. I had called them a week ago about a change of delivery address, which they can NOT do.. They verified they were still going to ship today. It will be 6 weeks this Friday since I ordered the part.
  12. R

I may be interested in your chips. PM me with what you want for each. I have a new supermicro ATX MB for now, with IPMI, etc. I have the 64GB ECC RAM, I have the Optane 905 480GB boot disk, I have a pair of WD 4tb NAS drives, cerberus case, Seasonic Titanium PSU.... As for my order placed on...
  13. R

Still not shipped.. Back order time has increased to 25 days per Provantage. I ordered on Aug 2, but they "verified" the order on Aug 5. This is about 3 weeks ago, so hopefully it will ship someday soon! My case should arrive on Monday, and all other parts of my new build have arrived. That...
  14. R

Looking for inexpensive DDR4 UDIMM

I got these cheapish from ProVantage.com . I saw that price a couple of times before I pulled the trigger. They seem to sell out within a day. I say cheapish because I see RDimms for less than $70 sometimes, but the udimms were $180 each less than six months ago. KIN93CU 4x KSM26ED8/16ME...
  15. R

I special ordered a Xeon E-2288g for about $530 plus shipping and tax. They indicated 18 days back order on August 2. Currently showing 21 days back ordered.. Still waiting on my Cerberus X case to ship, so not an emergency yet. Aug 2 + 18 days plus 3-4 days shipping means I may see it this...