Recent content by Roaming Builder

1. R

FS: NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.1 CM1000 Modem ($100 - Used)

Thanks. It's weird, I never got an email that you responded to my post. As I feared, not much interest here. I'll try ebay, or some of my local FB groups, thanks all.
  2. R

I've no clue, sorry. I purchased it from Best Buy. Here is a link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-32-x-8-docsis-3-1-cable-modem-black/5712202.p?skuId=5712202. Here is the link to the Netgear product page for it: CM1000 | Cable Modems & Routers | Networking | Home | NETGEAR. Sorry I...
  3. R

I forgot to mention that shipping will be from Cedar Rapids, IA (52404), and I will use the cheapest of FedEx, UPS, USPS, or buyer preferred.
  4. R

Netgear CM1000: $100 + 1/2 shipping I have no idea if there would be any interest in this but I recently moved to a place where we have Fiber to the Home, and I no longer need my cable modem. It is a netgear CM1000 and I know that it can reach 1Gb speeds on the Mediacom Network (my previous...
  5. R

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

nice, I have 2 dual socket 5670 servers that I can look at throwing into this.
  6. R

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Where is a good place to start with this? I have not read much about crypto currency and how to get started. I have some spare servers that I could throw at it, but I dont know if what I have would be any good (no expensive Graphics Cards).
  7. R

Looking for a couple of 10Gb SFP+ ports - cheap and quiet !

How are you liking the Mikrotik CSS326? I am looking at something like this in the future (after I get a few things sorted) and am in a situation very similar to you.
  8. R

Natex Deals for STH Members

They have a lot of good looking stuff, but anything that I try to order, it says that they cannot ship to my address. That is too bad... I am easy to find in the middle of Iowa, :)
  9. R

FS: 960GB SSDs, 10gb NICs

I have never dealt with international shipping, so I will have to look into whether or not I am desperate enough :) Thanks for the heads up Rand :)
  10. R

FS: 960GB SSDs, 10gb NICs

Ack! I took a break to finish up work on my basement and had not been checking STH! Oh well, I am sure another will come up eventually, lol. Question, how much was that expander selling for, if I might ask?
  11. R

Dell H310 (lot 15) $300 + FS

Makes me sad to see equipment treated like that.
  12. R

WTB: Server Hot Swap Chassis

Also would need to get more breakout cables and power splitters. I'll have to see if those backplanes have molex or sata power connections.
  13. R

K D, I sent you a PM. I am interested. TQ backplane is not as ideal (I have a card with 8087 ports), but it is not a deal breaker, I just have to have better cable management, which means that I will have to have patience for it.
  14. R

cool thanks for the heads up on the power supplies, I think I am going to keep looking, I feel like every time you guys post, I am learning so much more. The way K D laid out the backplanes above made things make alot more sense. and not the model numbers make more sense also. i would like to...
  15. R

I Think if I did this I would be after the expander or A backplane. My controller 9260-16i has 4 8087 connections. I am assuming that I could use 4 on the "A" backplane, and just have 8 dead slots if I choose, but the "A" backplane would (technically) have more bandwidth over sharing the lanes...