Recent content by rickyb90

1. R

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

Hi, Yes I'm using the MikroTik as a router and the HUB 4 in modem mode. I thought the HUB 4 needed to be in modem mode to avoid double NAT? Ideally I want to replace my existing router with the MikroTik and tidy up some of the multiple cable runs I have. I'm not sure about the WAN bond being on...
  2. R

Ok so I've changed a few settings as suggested and it kind of works. There's internet connectivity on the router and I can use the built in tools to ping external addresses etc but there's no internet connectivity to any LAN connected devices... I'm sure its simple to fix but I can't see in my...
  3. R

Hi, I probably should have said the posted images were for checking if I had the right configuration setup :p It was Ether7 I was plugged into just to do the screen grabs and nothing else was connected. Thanks for the replies I'll change a couple of bits to what's suggested including Google...
  4. R

So I think I'm almost there, its just not getting an IP allocated from the HUB4 and consequently (or not) no DNS either. Literally no connection to the internet. I think I've configured the bond correctly with ARP disabled and link monitoring on None. I've got 4 ethernet cables in the bond if...
  5. R

Hi, As you're the first post on here I can see with a RB5009 would you kindly share your config with me. I've gone through a few different setup posted on here and they don't seem to work properly on my RB5009, perhaps because of the different number and internally configured ethernet ports...
  6. R

Ok I changed the parallel connections to 30. fast.com reported speeds are now 460 Mbps down, latency unloaded 11ms, loaded 18ms and upload 38 Mbps.
  7. R

Test results from nperf.com NPERF 599.17 Mbps average download 48.33 Mbps average upload The results from fast.com are at best 350 Mbps
  8. R

So in router mode the RealSpeed site shows the download speed to the Hub 4 at 1090 Mbps and the speed to the computer at 326 Mbps. There's no QoS enabled. I've tested the Hub 4 with a direct connection to my desktop PC and RealSpeed gives a similar result
  9. R

Hi, First post here so here goes!! I've read through the thread and it seems to be the consensus that using 2 or more cables from the Hub 4 to a router using link aggregation seems the way to go. I'm not amazingly techy when it comes to this so bear with me. I currently have an ASUS RT-AC88U...